A Definitive Ranking Of The Songs Of Taylor Swift's 'Reputation'

Is the old Taylor dead? Maybe, but this Taylor is even better.

520
flickr

Taylor Swift's sixth album Reputation was released on November 10, 2017. Her first album in three years since the mega-popular 1989. This is her second album under the genre of pop and she’s doing pretty well for herself.

The past three years have been a rollercoaster for Taylor Swift after the scandal with Kim and Kanye people thought they had finally broken her. Boy, were they wrong, Reputation is considered to be her most in control and cohesive album.

She genuinely sounds happy in this album and sounds like the sound she has been reaching for since RED. Is the old Taylor dead? Maybe, but this Taylor is even better.

All of the songs on the album are strong but this list is what I consider my favorite and least favorite (if that’s possible with this album.) Agree or Disagree Taylor isn’t going anywhere for a long time. You can purchase the album on iTunes or wait for her to go live on streaming services.

Not all songs have videos so enjoy these promo pics!

1. New Year’s Day

This song is All Too Well 2.0. Her songwriting is so strong in this song and it makes you grieve the boyfriend you don't have.

2. Don't Blame Me

"Lord, save me, my drug is my baby." This song is a BOP and I hope to see it as a single ASAP.

3. End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran & Future)

"Reputation precedes me, they told you I'm crazy I swear I don't love the drama, it loves me." I didn't know I needed a song with Taylor and Future until now.

4. Call It What You Want

"I want to wear his initial on a chain round my neck, chain round my neck. Not because he owns me but 'cause he really knows me." Probably some of her best song writing, it was the best song she released before the album came out.

5. I Did Something Bad

"They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one. They got their pitchfork and proof, their recipes and reasons." This song reminds me of when someone in a movie walks away for an explosion...it's that good.

6. Delicate

"My reputations's never been worse, so you must like me for me" She really is just telling her man that she is having a rough time and asking him if he'll pour her a drink.

7. Dress

"Only bought this dress so you could take it off." This is a steamy anthem, Taylor really isn't playing with her man.

8. So It Goes...

"You know I'm not a bad girl, but I do bad things with you" SIS IS LETTING HER FREAKY FLAG FLY.

9. Getaway Car

"But with three of us, honey, it's a sideshow." She low-key wrote about how she wanted to leave Calvin Harris at the MET GALA for Tom Hiddleston...legend.

10. This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

"Friends don't try to trick you. Get you on the phone and mind-twist you!" Her shade song to Kanye....don't act surprise.

11. Dancing With Our Hands Tied

"I, I loved you in secret. First sight, yeah, we love without reason" She is really crazy about her man. Go Taylor!

12. King of My Heart

"Because all the boys and their expensive care, with their Range Rovers and their Jaguars." She really is crazy in love with her man because this whole song is about how good he treats her and how no man can compare. Where does she find them?!?!?!?

13. Look What You Made Me Do

"I'M SORRY, THE OLD TAYLOR CAN'T COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT NOW. "WHY? OH, 'CAUSE SHES'S DEAD!"" I hated putting this song lower because it is iconic but in this song she isn't holding anything back....LOOK WHAT YOU MADE HER DO!

14. ....Ready for it?

"Baby, let the games begin!" Her second single from this album and we should've listened because the games have begun.

15. Gorgeous

"And I got a boyfriend, he's older than us. He's in the club doing I don't know what." She really wasn't having it with Calvin..... she said "BOY BYE."