I Am A Christian And I Definitely Am Not Perfect

Some people think that Christians are perfect when in reality we are the most broken of all people.

17
https://www.flickr.com/photos/109518913@N07/14615097439/in/photolist-oguchB-7ZnHA9-bzchCY-5oCSNp-8StmKh-kBqH1-6TcpxQ-8sAfeJ-juNLu3-5HSeUG-73E1FB-4NeLQ2-3a3XwT-rdmtS9-aVJP7F-pUFNE9-5eqNE8-a6USTM-pbqnb8-9FjPzF-8Uk8UU-7GCHFb-4KrsV4-9ip9U-bFpBXk-ha5ze-5rTfWM-7ywx8S-rdk9Si-8kMQyH-92D4Qg-aAnKf6-5TCvAC-2oE1dP-KBY6e-9qkkEA-h4fwU7-aBDnJr-dmat2x-kWaFNP-6YSr1C-8Gb5Zz-ckPXVW-GN4Rm-9dDfuP-6Y1AgT-53hMob-828jaj-jjEJy-gkxf1J

Most of the people I speak to that are not of the same faith of me say that they are intimidated by Christians because they seem too perfect. With this age of social media people put on a different persona to the public, and this is a persona of perfection. Sadly most people buy into this faked perfection. When in reality I am a Christian because I am not perfect and never will be.

I have been taught through the church that we must strive to act as Jesus did. This could be taken as to strive to be perfect, but if we were perfect we would not need Jesus. Without Jesus, our faith would not even be around today since he was the "founder " of Christianity.

The media also portrays Christians as hypocrites. I will not argue with that because we are hypocrites. We are just people, but the difference is that we are people who have accepted Jesus into our lives. With Jesus, I strive to act as he which is to put others before myself. This is a major part of my faith and it is also a major part of my life. I strive to make sure that I put people first because being a servant leader allows me to help serve my community and the world.

Christians are just human. This is not an excuse for people who use their faith to justify awful acts against others, but it is a fact. People make mistakes and with God, our mistakes are forgiven which is the best part of our faith. God is always looking out for his people.

My faith had given me so much in my life like my friends, my passion, and my favorite memories. Christianity was my lifeline and has allowed me to find a loving community of other believers. We are not perfect people and do not know everything, so hopefully, we can all learn about the world together.