Dear World, Stop Bullying, Start Accepting.

I hope you consider joining me in fighting this widespread horror of bullying, rejection and cruelty, and prove to every child the horrible effects it can have, and most importantly how important it is to be kind, be loving, and be accepting of all.

2429
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/06/636586402073819715-1117158124_stop-bullying.jpg

Dear World,

I am by no means, placing the blame on any one person for these issues, as I know some things are out of our control, but other things are not. We can not control how others treat us, but we can control how we treat others, and how we respond to their behavior and actions. Bullying in schools, starting as young as kindergarten, has been more prevalent than ever in schools worldwide, and it needs to be stopped. It starts at home, and I want to make people aware that these students need to be informed what it means to be a bully, and the devastating effects it can have on people as well as the one doing the bullying themselves. Most of the time the aftermath of the bullying is focused on the victim of the situation, and not on the perpetrator. It is important to teach these students not only how to act in a circumstance in which bullying may arise, but show them the endless reasons why becoming a bully will inhibit their future decisions. I personally experienced instances of bullying, starting in middle school and arising in the beginning of high school, and I believe my personal story and showing the results of me not fighting back and becoming a bully to those who hurt me, but standing up for myself and showing others the importance of respect and how far it can bring you in the future.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to speak to the students of any school on these issues, and hopefully, reach into their hearts and take action against bullying and it's growing epidemic. If this means just coming and speaking, I am willing, or if larger measures shall be taken such as creating a program or club against bullying or for bullies themselves and how to come back from that, I am willing. I am only one person, and as my mom always tells me, “Caitlin you can’t fix everyone, you can’t save the world”, but I am willing to try and I won’t stop until there is change, no matter how big or small it may be. It is time we start doing something to make every kid know both in and outside of the walls, that they are safe, welcome, and belong no matter what differences they may have. No one person is to blame for this issue, however it is our responsibility to make sure that any situation that is comprised of bullying is stopped before it even arises. Kindness matters, and with the help of just a simple smile, or a “you are important” from any one person, can make the worlds of a difference for anyone.

I hope you consider joining me in fighting this widespread horror of bullying, rejection and cruelty, and prove to every child the horrible effects it can have, and most importantly how important it is to be kind, be loving, and be accepting of all. If you are a parent, administrator, or anything in between, I hope you realize how influential you are in your children’s live on this matter, and I also want to offer my support in anyway possible, I don’t want another child to be a victim of bullying, or a bullier themselves, ever again, and I intend to make sure every child knows, being kind is the first step to changing the world.

Best regards,

A concerned and caring girl just trying to save the world (even though mom has her doubts!)

Caitlin