Dear Trisha, I Miss You

Dear Trisha, I Miss You

Never Forgotten

37
Dear Trisha, I Miss You
QuoteAddicts

Fifteen years ago an attack occurred in which thousands of people lost their lives. I remember a couple of years ago I was assigned to do an assignment in which I had to ask my parents, relatives and others about what they remember from 9/11. My mom didn't have much to say nor did my father, but there was one story that had me shedding tears. A few years ago I asked this guy, whom I consider my older brother, the question. I remember when he took a VERY DEEP breathe in and out and said, "Onna sis, you’re lucky that I am about to tell u something that I have tried to forget for the past 12 years. God I wish no one asked me this question. I hate it. Ughhh!" I was confused as I did not know what was going on. He promised me not to bring that topic up ever again. I didn’t. But in remembrance of all the people that lost their lives on that day I thought I would share this loving story to you all. This is his story:

It was a nice Monday morning and my girlfriend, Trisha, and I had gone to starbucks before they went to school. "I am scared," Trisha said. "Why?," I asked. "Im scared. I’m only 18 and I have to go to the WTC. I really am excited to start my career path there but the tremendous amount of levels terrify me. When I had my interview last week, I had to go on the 55th floor of the South Tower and when I looked down, I thought I was going to die."

She was terrified of heights. Her brother, whom she had lost when she was just two years old, had fell down from the roof in Nebraska and died. "Don't worry," I said. "Your first day will go great! Stop worrying." She wanted me to go with her on the first day, but I couldn't because I had to take a test that next day, 9/11/2001.

She went home, did yoga, and tried to calm herself down. She then called me around 12 am and at that moment I was studying for my exam. "Baby I am scared," she said. "I feel like something wrong is going to happen." I told her to calm down and not worry. I also told her that good was was by her side.

The next morning, I called her around 8:00, "Good Morning babe," I said. "Good morning sweet pee,” she said. “I wanted to call you but I thought you were sleeping," she said. "Hey you are my responsibility, and your mine and I love you sooo much! F*** I wish I didn't have this f****** test or else you know I would have came with you."

"Thanks babe. Well I gotta go, I’m here. I love you!" and she kissed me through the phone and I, of course, did the same thing back. I got up, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast, and got ready until suddenly I hear someone knocking on the door. I put down whatever I was doing and headed towards the door. It was Trisha’s best friend. "Krish hurry the f*** up, we have to go and save Trisha." I was confused. What the F*uck was she talking about. “HURRY THE F*CK UP KRISH!” I stared at her. My heart went up to my throat. What happened? Is she okay? What the f*ck happened? I ran inside grabbed my phone and the keys and dashed out the door. I didn't even bother asking her friend what had happened to Trisha, until I reached the Subway. "Wait what happened?" I asked. "You didn't hear or see? The twin towers...terrorist attack...plane crash.” I froze. I was traumatized. I ran, I ran as fast as I could to get to her. I could not lose her, she was the love my life. When I got there I could see the two planes in flames and inside the buildings. I kept pinching myself hoping it was a dream. My battery was running low. I called her. I kept calling her until she answered. No answer. I was crying, angry, upset, pissed off, worried, filled with so much emotions. I was mad the officers wouldn’t allow me to pass through. I was furious. When suddenly half an hour later my phone rang. It was her. "Hello??" I said. "Baby," she says coughing. I start tearing up. "TRISHA! Baby are you ok? Baby are u ok? ARE YOU OKKK!!!!" I kept asking her. She took a breathe, "I am...not okay baby." I hear her start to whimper. “No, no baby don’t everything will be fine,” I said. Then I started crying. Why? Just whyyy? Right then and there I wished I was a superman and just flew up there and saved every single person and her. WHYYY!! She was young and beautiful! Why! "Baby don't cry. I want to tell you something," she said. "No,” I said. “Nothing is going to happen to you okay. I’m coming up there. I can’t lose you," I said. "Pumpkin, I am truly sorry for everything I have done. I am at the 75th floor and it’s really bad up here. I know I won’t survive and you’re the first person I called. I love you so very much. I love you! Tell my parents and everyone I love how much I love them." I was crying, in fact, pouring. "Don't cry! Stop!,” she said. "How can I die in peace if you cry like this.” I couldn’t stop. “I want you to live a life that’s filled with joy. I know you wanted to get married to me and all, but I want you to marry a girl that’s better than me. I want you to fulfill all your dreams. I want you to be happy,” she said as she was coughing up with dust. “Even though I won’t be here physically I will always be with you in your heart and soul. I am going to miss you so much! So so so much! I love you love!" She bursted out crying. I had nothing come out of my mouth. My throat was stuffed with tears that I could not let out. " I LOVE YOU Trisha and you're not going to die. You are going to live. You and I will always be together. We've been together for four years now and I am not going to lose you! I can’t!" I said. There was silence. Then coughing and whimpering. "I want you to tell mom and dad I love them. As well as your parents and everyone. Even to my haters. I want you to be happy. Don't ever be sad. I love you sweetheart." There was a pause and then I bursted into tears. "Trish I LOVE YOU! I’m coming Trish I am coming, we are going to die together. I don't care." I started walking towards the building as she kept saying "No NO No baby nooo stop!" She was the first girlfriend in my life and I wanted to spend my life with her. I was walking but then I was bombarded by officers. They pushed me, yelled at me and then continued to push me away from the building. I was fighting but I realized how I got weaker and weaker. I was devastated. What was happening. I wish I was psychic so I could have just warned them about this. She was still on the phone, “baby I want you to marry and have kids. Have a family. I love you so much" "I love you more than you love me. Trisha honey nothing is going to….." ''OH MY GODDDD!!!!" and that was the last time I heard from her. After a few hours or so, the building collapsed. I stood there, staring at it. I was still. I didn’t even know if I alive or dead. A year passed and I was forced to move to California. Couple years later my parents wanted me to get married and so did Trisha’s parents. I didn’t want to but I had to fulfill her dream. So on October 2005 we went to bangladesh but couldn't find a girl. Then we went back to California and a few years later I met this girl at UCLA. She was nice, sweet, smart, but not my Trisha. My parents knew her parents and had sent me a wedding proposal but before that I told her the story of Trisha, and she held my hands and said don't worry. “I lost someone close to me at the war in the Middle East a couple of years ago,” she said. It was her boyfriend. We both ended up slowly liking each other, but we could not forget the ones who were incredibly close to us. We may have gotten married and have two adorable children, but we still miss the ones we lost. RIP to all the 9/11 victims that lost their lives that day. You all will be truly missed.