Dear People Who Hurt Me

Dear People Who Hurt Me

Thank you for everything.

51
Dear People Who Hurt Me
Emily Fricano

Dear people who hurt me,

This is going to be tough. I haven't thought about any of this in a while because my life has been really great since you were in my classes last.

I always wanted to know what I could have possibly done to make you hate me so much. I was always nice to you, always said hello and showed team spirit on the volleyball team. You just were never nice back. No one deserves to be treated like crap, especially when once I considered you all my friends.

The first year of high school, everything was fine because we were just so happy to get through freshman year together. We were all on the volleyball team so we were always around each other growing closer everyday. We all had moments were we would just laugh so hard we would cry, and it was nice to know we had each other's back, or so I thought.

It takes me a while to actually do something about the people who hurt me because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but you all were different. I remember coming home and just being so sad because we were all so close and friendly. There was always tension on the volleyball court, even though you should've left the drama off the court, and the sport started to not be that fun anymore. There were multiple times I wanted to quit playing the sport I love because you all weren't making it fun anymore.

I remember walking to the coach to quit, but then I looked in the mirror and said to myself, "I am better than this" . and I got changed and went straight to practice. Realizing I wanted to quit wouldn't make anything better, I would just give you what you wanted. I was not going to let you affect me! Even though you didn't get what you wanted, you still tried to make me miserable during school. There were so many times I wanted to hide in the bathroom and just cry because it was better than being three seats away from you during class.

Thank you for making me so cautious of what others think of me and making me feel so insecure. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have known how to grow and overcome my fears. Thank you for always pushing me to be my better self. You all taught me self control, there were so many times I wanted to say/do something to show you that someone you once called your best friend was in so much pain, but I learned to not waste my time on pathetic people like you. You all made me realize that I should only be reinforcing love not hate! You all who hurt me, thank you. Thank you for making me stronger, thank you for making me realizes to not waste my time on people who only want to bring me down. And lastly, thank you for not being in my life anymore.

Sincerely,

Emily Fricano

Sitting here and writing this is very hard. Writing this makes me feel all the feelings I felt in high school, and they aren't the good ones. I wrote this because I want people to realize that people who hurt you will make you a better you! It's going to stink, but if it wasn't for the people who hurt me I wouldn't be me. Remember it is important to not stoop to their level and keep you head up high! It is important to grow, and for you to become the better person.