Dear high schoolers, your future has so much in store

To The Rising High School Senior, This Is Only The End Of The Beginning Of Your Life

There is so much ahead.

4578

Senior year.

The year where everyone goes in with expectations for their futures.

People start to choose which school's they're going to go to or what job they are going to take after graduation. For most of you, this is the last time that you and your friends are going to be going to school together. Some of you are scared for the future and are worried about moving on from this comfortable thing that you are so familar with. Others of you are eager for the next step, the next chapter of your lives. People say this is the best year of your life. I don't like to believe that I have already lived my best years, however, everyone's experiences are different, and one thing is for sure, you will remember these years.

You will look back on the first day of freshman year when you walked in with fear in your eyes and gawked at the huge school and scary seniors.

You will remember that teacher that was more like a family member, or the guidance counselor who made the difficult times a little more bearable. You will also remember the pep rallies, football games, and senior pranks (or lack thereof). And trust me, you will remember your friends, even the ones you no longer associate with. You will look back on the long nights and crazy stories, and you will wish that you had appreciated them more while they were happening.

My advice for you is to go into this year with no expectations, rather go as open-minded as you can.

Make new friends, go to as many school events as you can, and prepare yourselves for the next step. Most importantly, live your life to the fullest every single day, because you are never promised tomorrow. These years will remain in your memories. Enjoy them.