Dear Great Shepherd

Dear Great Shepherd

An open letter from a sheep lost in a chaotic society

21
Dear Great Shepherd
freeheartday.com

Dear God,

Hey! I know you are super busy right now but I need you. Actually, it isn’t just me that needs you, God. This world needs you. Men are starving trying to provide, bombed buildings are crushing children, women are being stoned to death for letting a stranger see their hair, those who can give a little more are turning a blind eye, elderly are drinking lead-filled water, instead of helping to save the multiple good people are hiding in terror from the few bad, women are given the option to kill their children, people are making profits off of others imprisonment, the handicapped aren’t given the resources they deserve, a gorilla is getting more media attention than a Kardashian, oil has become more important than life, money has taken ahold of souls, brothers are turning against each other in acts of war in your name, and words of hate are being thrown like raindrops in a storm. “My way is right, your way is wrong!” “Christians are good and Muslims are evil !” “Build a wall and keep them out!” “Refuse the refugee and send him back; he could bomb us!”

Why, God?

“She deserved it” and a 6-month sentence are becoming acceptable. Don’t worry, he didn’t know any better. A white man opens fire in a mosque but the brown man is the terrorist. An American citizen kills dozens in a Miami night club in the name of ISIS and our response is to “keep those Syrian terrorists out.” They are surely the problem. We have people in one country starving while another is trying to figure out what to do about their obesity problem. Hitler wanted all Jews to register and that was awful, but registering if you are Muslim is completely different. We have lung cancer from choking on the green fumes surrounding the tops of our skyscrapers, but our environment is fine. “Grab them by the p****,” “as long as you’ve got a young, beautiful piece of a**.”

Is that you, God?

I’m scared. I’m lost. I’m worried about not only my own future but also the futures of everyone around me. We need the love that you are and that you give. We haven’t seen peace in ages. You bless us with glimmers of hope that are over shadowed too often by the horrors of our planet. I have felt you almost every day of my life. I have felt your love and your warmth touch my heart in my most desperate time of need, and now this world needs to feel that in all its corners. Where are you?! Please inspire us all to be your eyes, feet, ears, hands, and mouth, to make this world better. Help us bring your love, peace, and harmony to our lands. We will never all agree, but you can show us how to continue to love one another FOR and WITH our differences. YOU can teach us how to love our Jewish, Atheist, Catholic, Muslim, Protestant, Buddhist, Orthodox, Hindu, and all other brothers and sisters in the same way. We need you, God. I need you, God.

Love,

Your Lost Sheep