Dear College Freshmen, Read After Your First Week

Dear Freshmen,

Congrats, you have officially survived your first week! Your most likely feeling a multitude of things. Overwhelmed, unsure, nervous, excited. A mix of it all, but be happy, one week down!

The first week of college is the most laid back week of the semester. Your meeting the professors, getting their syllabus and seeing what kind of work is expected for the semester. If you're a science-based major, you most likely learned a chapter or two of material. But what now?

Take your syllabuses and write down all the exams, quizzes and when homework is due. This will give you a visual of what you will have from week to week. For example, if you have a paper and biology exam on the same day. Try and get the paper done early so you can focus on the exam.

Go meet with your professors. It may seem silly to some, but it's a good thing! If you're nervous about a class even more of a reason too! Go to there office, introduce your self and talk about the expectations you have for the course. It also allows you to get any questions answered.

Look at what you have coming up for next week. The second week of class is when the work truly begins. It wouldn't hurt for you start looking at the topics that will be covered or reading that needs to be done.

Get any supplies that you need. If you waited to rent textbooks, rent them as soon as you can. Start good organization habits now. It will only help you for the rest of the semester.

Lastly, give your self a pat on the back. The first week of college can be intimidating. But its the first step to an incredible journey. Go get involved and make some new friends!

Good Luck!

You can do it!

- A third year