I'm Tired Of The Racial Injustice In America

We Do Not Live In A Post-Racial Society

127
https://www.pexels.com/@pierre-blache-651604

Ahmaud Arbery. George Floyd. Trayvon Martin. Michael Brown.

These are just a few examples of the racial injustice that has happened in our country. If you haven't heard of these names, you should. They are all different people, and they are from different places throughout the United States. Yet, they all have a couple things in common. They were black men who were wrongly killed.

Not only have we've been seeing human beings being killed, but we've also seen people calling the police on people of color who are doing nothing wrong. This can't keep happening. It just can't.

Where people utter the words; "I can't breathe", and that being the last thing that they say at the hands of people that swore to serve and protect. now, I'm not saying that every person that is in the police department is bad. I know that there are amazing cops out there. I thank all that are the good ones. Thank you for not only serving this country, but also protecting us including myself. Sadly, our criminal justice system is broken and flawed. Where we see a person who is white, and a person who is a minority do the same crime, but the person of color gets a heavier sentence (not always, I know).

We need to work together to change this system. We can be the change.

Thank you to all that are already a part of the criminal justice system that are changing things up. That are standing up for people. Again, I'm not saying everyone that works for the criminal justice system are bad or flawed. Some people believe that we live a post-racial society. I'm sorry, but you are wrong. We do not live in that kind of society. If we did; racism, prejudice, oppression, and discrimination would no longer exist. Sadly, all those things that I have just mentioned still exist. Look around. There is events happening in our country that have racism, prejudice, and discrimination roots.

To the people that think that they are better than someone just because you are a certain skin color, I have to remind you that we are all human beings despite the color of our skin. Below the service, we are all made up of organs, cells, and bones. Each person has emotions. Each person has feelings just like you. Each person has a brain with lots of thoughts and dreams just like you. Each person has a family and friends just like you. Yes, we all are different, but we also have a lot of common too. So, I'm going to say it again. You are not better than someone else because of the skin color you were given at birth, that you had no choice over.

I want to tell people who are reading this that you have a voice. Your life matters. There is injustice in this world, and we got to stand up against it. If we don't then it's just going to keep existing.