5 Things Daylight Savings Brings Us

5 Things Daylight Savings Brings Us That Mean Warmer Days Are Ahead

It's the little things I have decided to focus on this time, because sometimes the big picture can be way too overwhelming.

50

I don't know if it's just me, but returning back to campus after any break makes me depressed.

I typically dread the ride coming back to Philly, but this morning I was weirdly okay with it.

After doing some hardcore thinking during my hour and a half car ride, I came to the conclusion that daylight savings is the only reason I don't mind the return this time.

Obviously, I'm sleep deprived from the time change. Obviously, my body is tired. And obviously, my body is not ready to adapt to the cold North Philly winds.

But it was so much better knowing that I wasn't going to be returning to such bitter cold.

Literally, everything is better when it's warm. Walking to night class doesn't suck as much, walks to the gym are enjoyable, and there's less time spent trying to dodge the outdoors and more time actually enjoying it.

It's the little things I have decided to focus on this time because sometimes the big picture can be way too overwhelming.

So, here are 5 things to look forward to in case you need some inspiration to finish the Spring Semester.

1. Ice Cream dates.

media.giphy.com

I'm aware ice cream dates still exist in the winter, but they're so much better in the summer. What's more summer-time than driving around with the windows down, ice cream cone in hand?

2. Baseball Games.

media.giphy.com

I am nowhere near a baseball fan. But last summer I attended three Yankee games, which is more than my entire life. You don't even have to like baseball to go. Who doesn't love a good tailgate, friends, and some overpriced stadium food?

3. Amusement Parks.

media.giphy.com

When I was a teenager, my mother would take my little sister and I to Six Flags at least twice a week in the spring and summer time. So now it's basically embedded in me. I could never imagine a summer without rollercoasters, waterslides, and screaming.

4. Sunsets.

media.giphy.com

So simple, yet so beautiful. I love to look up at the sky at night and see an array of colors. And the best part is that I live near a waterfront at home, so I can easily drive and watch the sunset every night if I wanted to.

5. Late nights.

media.giphy.com

I find it so difficult to do literally anything at night during the winter. In the warm weather, it's almost impossible to spend your nights inside. Bonfires, beaches, and cities are always filled with nightlife.