10 Best Date Spots In Saint Petersburg, FL

Because it’s not just Tampa anymore.

81
Taylor Sweat

I've been getting to know the Saint Petersburg area since beginning my apprenticeship at American Stage. While there are tons of fun things to do alone or in a group, I've noticed that there are some pretty great date spots along the area as well. Even better (in my case, at least), most of these date outings either take place outside or in some artsy venue.

Best of all, most of these dates will cost you $20 or less!

1. The Saturday Morning Market

A St. Pete tradition is the Saturday Morning Market. From May through October, the market hosts hundreds of vendors outside of the Rowdies stadium, and from June through August, a smaller summer market is held out at Williams Park.

No matter which market you go to, it's a perfect place to grab small gifts for each other and a bite to eat. My recommendation? A giant cinnamon roll to share. Don't forget cash!

2. Dali Museum

The Dali hosts many art shows throughout the year, and is, of course, dedicated to the great Salvador Dali. It hosts the largest collection of Dali's works outside of Europe.

Tickets will cost you $24 during the day, but after 5 p.m. will cost you $10! Definitely worth the money.

3. Brewery Crawl

Saint Petersburg is home to many craft beer breweries. If you're up for an adventurous night, take a stroll around downtown and see how many breweries you can hit.

Some breweries have fun things to do depending on what night you go, so be on the lookout for a Trivia Night!

4. Demens Landing Park

Aside from American Stage in the Park, which is a Broadway-scale musical held in Demens Landing from April to May, Demens Landing has great views of the water.

Take a stroll to the waterside and watch sailboats and other vessels go by.

5. The Canopy Rooftop Lounge

This spot is located at the Birchwood Hotel on Beach Drive. Like its name suggests, this place is on the roof of the hotel and gives great views of the surrounding Downtown St. Pete area, as well as the ocean.

Kick back with a drink and some small plates and enjoy the view.

6. Tampa Bay Rays Game

One of the most exciting things is working close to Tropicana Field, home to the Tampa Bay Rays! There are home games most weekends, and tickets can be pretty cheap to come by. Plus, during the summer, the Rays host a concert series, so there's a possibility of catching one of your favorite artists perform after the game.

7. Central Avenue

I include all of Central Avenue because there's just so much to see and do. If you're taking an afternoon/early evening date, you can take your time and enjoy all of the small shops up and down the street. In the evenings, most of the shops close, but some restaurants (like the Iberian Rooster) transform into cool spots to dance or grab a drink. End your night by grabbing a popsicle at Hyppo Pops!

8. Sunken Gardens

For eight dollar admission, enjoy strolling through Sunken Gardens. This is home to more than 50,000 tropical plants and flowers!

There are also waterfalls, animals, and ancient buildings to explore. Catch a tour if it's all too much to take in at once.

9. Mural Walk

If you're ever wandering around Downtown St. Pete, you might notice murals on the side of the building. Local artists have been around painting designated buildings to show off their art.

There's tons to explore!

10. Dive In Movies

A summer favorite is watching a movie in the pool at the St. Pete Beach Recreation Department!

Grab your favorite bathing suit and floats, and your date, to watch a movie under the stars.