Dare To Wait On The Next Season

Dare To Wait On The Next Season

Even though we may not understand it.

19
Dare To Wait On The Next Season
Joshua Luke Photography

We're consumers who are impatient, needy, appreciate gratification and can't stand to wait.

We want our internet to work now and when we click the button we expect the response to be immediate. When we argue, we expect the other person to reply immediately. When we are in line, we expect for there to not be any lines. When we are cooking, we want the food to be done as soon as possible. When we are driving, we become impatient and our inability to wait is delayed. We have become a generation who is impatient and can't stand to wait.

We are like immature children, who don't know the difference between no and wait. Our debt is caused from not knowing the difference between the answers, wait and no. America is in debt from not knowing the difference between wait and no. Even social problems come from our inability to wait. Some diseases come from our inability to delay sexual gratification until marriage. So many problems come from the issue of wanting it now and in our own timing.

When you're waiting on God, are you patient or are you needy and focusing on your own gratification? You can rush people but you cannot rush God. Waiting for the next season of life can be difficult and frustrating. Are you waiting for God to open a door? Are you waiting for God to give you a job opportunity? Are you waiting for that ring? Are you waiting for an answered prayer? Waiting for clarification? Waiting for God to heal a pain? Waiting for the next season in life?

It's so easy to look forward to the future without patience and without enjoying each season that life brings. But know that The Lord does not wasteanything.

If you are in a season of waiting, know that God has you in a place of vulnerability and being uncomfortable for his good and his purpose.

We are in this season, according to the good Lord's will. We are put in each season for a reason. Understand that no is not, not yet. Each season has it's own timing and it's own answers. God can and will delay your next season if it his will.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "God does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what He is doing."

Have you heard of the story of Mary and Martha?

Luke 10: 38-42: "As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him.She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, 'Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!' 'Martha, Martha,' the Lord answered, 'you are worried and upset about many things,but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

I am so Martha in this story. Wanting to work, work, work, and get all the preparations done. The idea of laboring, doing, creating and accomplishing. God is speaking and saying sit and wait patiently. I believe Jesus calls us to enjoy each season as it comes. I believe God delays our impatient moments to sit and soak in his presence. God is more interested in your character then your comfort. God is more interested in making your life holy, than he is making your life happy. God was telling Martha, to sit and enjoy his presence and stop being distracted by the flickering world.

Stop being Martha, start enjoying the season you were designed and created to be in right now and in this moment. Learn to love, relax, wait and rest patiently. The next season will come in God's timing and in his will. Even though we may not understand it, take comfort knowing that God does everything in his time and his will.