Thoughts on the new series Dancing with the Stars: Juniors

Opinions & Predictions On The New Hit Spinoff, 'Dancing With The Stars: Juniors'

Leave Sunday nights at 7 p.m. CST wide open.

230

Ever since the premiere of the new series "Dancing with the Stars: Juniors" this past October, I have been tuning in every Sunday night at 7 p.m. CST. The spin off of the hit series "Dancing with the Stars" features celebrity children, like Miles Brown and Ariana Greenblatt, paired with professional junior ballroom dancers, like Kamri Peterson and Artyon Celestine. Whether the kids are famous because of their parents or in their own right, they won't fail to put a smile on your face each week. Wait a minute. Is it possible that you're not a DWTS fan or you've never seen an episode?

Let me try and win you over with a quick "Dancing with the Stars: Juniors" 101. Each couple competes against one another, with the help of a "Dancing with the Stars" professional as their mentor, by performing choreographed routines in front of a panel of judges. The scores determining elimination are based 50 percent on the judges' scores and 50 percent on audience voting.

Unlike "Dancing with the Stars", there is no at home voting. Instead, it is limited to the in-studio audience members who use a hand-held device to advance their preferred team to the next round. With all of this happening within the span of a couple minutes, the team with the lowest combined scores are eliminated. Seeing a team get eliminated, and sometimes in tears is the hardest part about watching this show.

As an active watcher of "Dancing with the Stars", I was super excited when I found out about the spin-off. It is not only hilarious to watch but will make you appreciate how much work goes into one episode.

After watching the first four episodes, I made a list of my favorite couples because I couldn't just pick one.

Starting with the youngest boy ever to compete in Scripps National Spelling Bee, Akash Vukoti's poise and charming personality always seems to wow the judges. With the help of his partner, the adorable Kamri Peterson, and his mentor, Witney Carson, he has made it thus far and I can't wait to see how far he'll go in the upcoming episodes.

The small but mighty young actress, Ariana Greenblatt is definitely someone to keep an eye on this season. Her contagious bubbly personality plus her outstanding partner Artyon, who made his debut on Steve Harvey and Ellen DeGeneres "Little Big Shots", make the perfect duo.

Commonly known as baby boogaloo or Jack Johnson in the hit series "Black-ish", Miles Brown is another one of my favorites to watch this season. With the help of his partner, Rylee Arnold, they have a great partnership and always give it there all.

My last favorite celebrity and partner duo has to be Sky Brown and JT Church. Also known as the talented skateboarding and surfing 10-year-old, Sky leaves me speechless each week. Whether it be her charisma on the dance floor or her fierce competitiveness when she danced to "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga, she is going to go far this competition.

In fact, I have a few predictions for the final outcome. Only being three points short of a perfect score last episode, Miles Brown and Rylee Arnold are the ones you want to look out for. With the help of their mentor, Lindsay Arnold, who happens to be Rylee's older sister and a professional on DWTS, they can make it to the finale. With Miles' big fan base along with their dedication and hard work, I think they have what it takes to win it all.

However, they do have some tough competition. Mackenzie Ziegler, known as a "pop singer" by "Dancing with the Stars: Juniors" has a little advantage in my opinion. There's no hiding from the fact that she made her six-year debut on "Dance Moms." She has a background on dancing since she was two, along with the endurance and technique to pick up on routines easily. I think having her on this show is a little unfair, but her and her partner, Sage Rosen, have great chemistry and I can see them making it to the finale as well.

Although these two teams have a high chance of winning that mirrorball trophy, Ariana Greenblatt and Artyon Celestine are not far behind. Whether it be their outstanding judges' scores or the audience's love for them, I believe they also have what it takes to end in victory.

Regardless if you're a fan of the show or if you've never seen an episode, you're going to want to tune in on Sunday's at 7 p.m. CST to see which of the spunky and competitive kids is your favorite. You aren't gonna want to miss it!