Home Depot Gift Cards And Nike Airs Aren't Enough For My Dad

"Daddy's girl" is an understatement, my father gave me much more than just good looks and a great sense of humor.

409

If the man who gave you life is anything like my father, then he deserves more than what Home Depot gift cards can buy or the support that a pair of Nike Air (AKA Dad shoes) could give.

"Daddy's girl" is an understatement, my father gave me much more than just painstakingly good looks and a great sense of humor. He taught me essential life skills and lessons unlearnable in a classroom with "sacrifice" on his daily to-do list.

He gave me resilience

The ability to bounce back with a rubber band mentality doesn't come easy. It requires the development of a strong mindset overtime. Without my Dad's guidance, I wouldn't know how to face failure with open arms or hurdle over life's annoyingly large bumps in the road. Without my Dad's guidance, I'd still be at rock bottom, blinded by tunnel vision. Without my Dad's guidance, my resilience would be nonexistent.

He gave me wisdom

My Dad taught me about God, above love, and about staying humble in a materialistic world. I am forever grateful for this wisdom that goes beyond intelligence and helps me stay in my own spiritual, mental and overall life's lane.

He gave me discipline

Good things come to those who work hard and trust the process. This is relevant to any goal, whether it's in school, in the gym, or in our careers, the key to success is discipline. Like Father like daughter, I'm proud of the discipline he helped me acquire.

He gives me everything

Yes, my Dad had to play the role as Mr. Mom for four children (three of whom are females, God bless him) for most of my life, sometimes sacrificing his sanity, while always sacrificing sleep and a social life. From cooking to cleaning and driving us to cheerleading practice, my Dad is still the man who does it all, with the addition as our own personal Uber driver on Friday nights. I pray that I inherit his godly qualities, specifically his heart of gold, which shines on even the darkest of days.

My Father deserves the world. Home Depot gift cards and Nike Airs will never be enough. Every day is Father's Day to celebrate the person who continues to give my family and I everything while expecting nothing.