Cut Out Toxic Relationships And Make Happiness Your Priority

Ladies, It's Time To Cut Those Toxic Relationships Out Of Your Life And Make YOUR Happiness The Priority

It might not be fun, but it'll be worth it.

38

One of the biggest things I struggle with by far is my tendency to allow toxic people to play a part in my life even when I know they just bring me down.

I always say I know what I deserve and I won't let people treat me poorly, but sometimes I fall short on my promises to myself.

So, I understand. It can be hard to say no to a relationship or a friendship just because you care about someone and don't want to experience what it's like to miss them. But it'll be one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do for yourself.

I can assure you that no matter how much you care about them, people who talk negatively to you or about you, or those who make you feel bad about yourself, are not people whom you want to be around. Understand this and have the strength to walk away from any relationship that doesn't offer you what you deserve.

I promise you are so much stronger than allowing others to treat you poorly.

You deserve to feel happy, too, and the first step to doing that is by surrounding yourself with people who will make you feel loved and appreciated. You will begin to feel so much better as you begin to distance yourself from those who only bring negativity.

So, allow yourself to have the strength and self-love to walk away from relationships that only leave you feeling unwanted and drained.

Although it may be difficult now, I know personally how rewarding it can be to cut off those relationships and to instead surround yourself with people who love you and care about you. I promise it'll be worth the short while that you may spend missing them.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.