Cutting Out Family Is Normal

Cutting Out Family Is Normal

Your mental health is always first.

17
Cutting Out Family Is Normal

Is it safe to cut off family even though they are family? The answer is simple: If you feel that someone in your life is truly toxic, whether they are family or not, there is no reason why they should continue to make your life miserable. I don't understand why sometimes the people that are blood should make you feel worthless and miserable all because they want you to be someone that you know that you're not.

My whole life I've been trying to impress the people that are the closest to me in my life for the wrong reasons. I've constantly had my back against the wall feeling worthless for absolutely no reason when I was truly just trying to be myself. As I say this, please don't allow even the closest people in your life to allow yourself to sink this low with doubt. You should be glad to be yourself and not what your family wants all the time. Sure they want what's best for us, but sometimes that doesn't mean that they are always right. I taught myself this, that a long time ago if you feel that someone if ruining your happiness you have to let them go because how else are you going to grow from it? You can't expect that the person is going to change overnight. You can't wait on a certain change to happen so quickly. All you can do is just put all your hopes into your happiness. That's the only thing that should matter. Your goals and aspersions should be such importance that everything else needs to come second.

So next time you come across a situation where you're not sure if you should cut off your close loved ones, just remember that it's completely normal if you want your mind at ease.