Curvy Petite Struggles

Curvy Petites Deserve A Say When It Comes To Body-Inclusive Style

When I try a bigger size, it drowns me out.

138
Desrean Smith

If I could go back to a point in my life where I didn't have boobs or a butt, I would be too young to wear the cute clothes there are now. I was at a good weight, and the only concern I would have if it is too big for me because of my not having curves.

Until puberty struck me at an early age.

I expected puberty to lengthen my height and give me curves in the right places, but I got more curves to the breast area and a little to the stomach and butt areas. However, I stopped growing from 4'11 at age 11. I love being short and having its struggles, but putting curvy on top of it is another story.

I am forced to be in plus size for one part of the body but a regular in the other. In my case, I needed a plus sizing for some tops, but I still have to stay a regular for the bottoms.

Having to buy co-ord sets and 2 piece swimsuits is difficult you have to compromise sizes for the benefit of what part of the body needs the bigger size.

Bodysuits are a hit or miss. I can tolerate getting a size small for my DDs because of my small torso and it fitting because the material is stretchy. But for the ones with unstretchable fabric I get really sad if I get it in a larger size because I am afraid that the bottom half fit like oversized brief panties that show so badly when I tuck it into my bottoms.

Don't get me started on dresses, jumpsuits, and some rompers. Because of having a big bust, I have to size up, but the downside is that the piece is too long on the bottom or the dress is at an unflattering cut for my shape.

The thing is: today's trends are not fit for girls with big breasts or the cutest and available styles in stores. I love my body shape, but do the brands I wear love my body?

There are clothes for regular, petite, tall, and plus-size, but where are the clothing for anyone with a combination? Where are the affordable, unique clothing that regular people get for curvy petite like me?

A fact that I am curvy, short, and wants to pull off in what's available, trend-wise, and affordable, gives me more confidence to let my voice be heard to our favorite clothing companies.

Let's have more representation in styling more body types.