That One Time I Got Cursed By a Witch

Let's Talk About That One Time I Got Cursed By A Witch

Some crazy stuff goes on in Barcelona.

234

Let this day go down in history as the day that I was the most shooketh to my deepest core. I will tell the story and then y'all can decide what the reason was behind this terrorist act against me. Is this a Spanish tradition I don't know about? Was this woman just crazy? High on drugs? Am I crazy? Was this all a dream? You be the judge.

Ok. Let me preface this by saying this incident was over the summer when I studied abroad in Spain. This could be some weird tradition there, so if you know anything about this, let me know. So, I was having the most normal day. Woke up, walked to the metro, got on the metro, got off, walked to class, went to class. We got two 20 minute breaks in between the five (!!) hours of class that we had. There were a bunch of little panaderias around us that we usually walked to on the break to get a little croissant and a coffee.

We literally did the same thing and went to the same place every day. I am painting a picture of how monotonous the day is. Also, I always looked the same too. Like, I always had my hair in a pony and didn't wear any makeup (stopped trying to look cute after day four). Anyways, keep all of this in mind for later in the story. So my friend and I were walking back from our break to class. Also, keep in mind that the area around the school was not the best. Like not horrible, but like some sketchy stuff definitely goes down around there. Didn't really phase me. Until, this day.

See what I mean? Nice, yet sketchy.

As we were walking back, I hear some lady walking behind us saying "Amazing," over and over again. Like, "Amazing, Amazing Amazing." I thought that was kind of weird but I obviously didn't think anything of it because I figured she was on the phone or something. And, let me just add that I only heard her say this because she was walking right behind us. Like right there. She was in my bubble. Like I literally felt her breathing down my neck. I started to walk faster because I figured she was just in a rush and like was trying to pass us. Which is fine, I've been there and I know the struggle of walking behind a slow walker.

All the while this was happening, after she stopped saying "Amazing," she started singing a song. It sounded like a lullaby, but we couldn't understand what it meant because it was in another language. I'm assuming Spanish or Catalan, but honestly, it could have been the ancient language from the lost empire of Atlantis. It had the rhythm and tune of "Ring Around the Rosie."

Anyone else have an unusual obsession with this movie? I wonder if they have it on Netflix...Google

Just when I thought she couldn't get any closer to me, she did. I felt this girl step on my heels. WTF?? Like, pass me!!! I'm all for the whole fast walking trend, but like, there are better ways to get someone to move in front of you. I was confused but gave her the benefit of the doubt. The old flat tire. Accidents happen. I started moving my legs faster. We are in fast walk mode. All of a sudden, I notice that the lullaby ends. Within seconds, I feel my pony being YANKED from behind me. SHE YANKED MY F*CKING PONYTAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I whip my head around. "Ow!!" I tell her. She looks at me as if I am her mother and had just scolded her for doing something she had no idea was wrong.

I am frozen in time. I turn to my friend. We both just stare at each other in shock. We read each other's minds. We are fast-walk-jogging-almost-sprinting back to class. Thank God we were almost there at the time. I get back into class. I tell my profesora. She is also shook. They decide she was probably just crazy or on drugs. I disagree. I feel like she was a bruja (meaning witch in Spanish). If you know me, you know that I am a little bit clairvoyant. I can sense things and sometimes know when things are going to happen. So I have a good sense of the supernatural. Something tells me that was a warning or a curse. Now I have to carry Madame Zeroni up the mountain to get the curse reversed.

The woman looked something like this.Google

The rest of the day all I could do was think about this wack job who yanked my head out of its socket. I told the story like 100 times. Anyways, all of my fellow psychics out there, let me know what you think. I guess you mortals can too. I need all the help I can get.