5 ways Curly Heads Can stay frizz-free this summer

Treat yourself (and your hair)

161

1. COCONUT OIL.

This is my go-to every time I have to wash my hair. It works like magic. All you have to do is heat up some oil and massage into your hair. Leave it in for at least an hour and wash like normal. This is perfect for adding some much needed moisture into this hot summer heat.

2. Stop touching your hair

I am guilty of this so much. I'm always playing with my hair because how can you not. It's super easy to twirl it subconsciously. Unfortunately, that's just drying your hair out and causing more frizz to happen. It's ruining those luscious locks of hair and the bounce your curls once had. It's not helping anyone especially yourself

3. Invest in frizz free hair products

Curly hair products are expensive. Why that is, I have no idea but sometimes that investment goes a long way. Products such as It's 10 really do help keep the frizz away. Sulfate-free products are the most important especially in the summer. The usual chemicals found in other shampoos tend to dry out curly hair. Try OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Shampoo and Conditioner followed by leave-in conditioner of your choice. What helps the most to fight the frizz is by applying the leave-in in really wet hair so it is able to hold on more and work better.

4. Pineapple it

No not the fruit. This technique helps keep your curls smooth when you sleep at night. In order to do this you have to create a loose ponytail on the top of your head but DO NOT MAKE IT TIGHT. The whole point is to have no tension so you don't wake up with a dent in your hair in the morning. This method has proven to work in the past and is a great addition to your nighttime routine.

5. Condition daily

Washing curly hair is a pain but the end result is so worth it. By conditioning daily you're keeping your hair more hydrated which causes less frizz. It cuts down your washing time by half and you don't have to worry about your curls falling flat because you're going to be providing so much moisture to them. Twice a week use conditioner instead of shampoo.

6. DIY hair masks

Hair masks are the way to go this summer. They are super easy to make and work wonders. For frizz free hair try a hydrating mask once a week. Try avocado, coconut milk, and olive oil. Puree the three and massage into your scalp. Wait 15 minutes and rinse the mask out followed by shampoo and conditioner (which should be sulfate-free)