Cryo Slimming Treatment

Cryo Slimming Treatment

Cryo Slimming Treatment

22
Cryo Slimming Treatment

Cryotherapy is having a major moment, in all kinds of shapes and forms. As a reminder, the treatment uses extremely cold temps to help combat inflammation and deliver a host of other benefits. You can do cryo for your whole body, a cryo facial, and even cryo fat removal. Cryoskin is a fat-freezing machine that promises slimming, cellulite reduction, and toning — and it's non-invasive and painless. Sign me up.

Eliminating fat cells by freezing them isn't a new concept; other treatments, such as the CoolSculpting machine, work in a similar manner. Essentially, the cold temperatures weaken the adipocytes — or fat storage cells — which ultimately die off. Your body then naturally eliminates them (aka you pee them out).

The difference between the two is that CoolSculpting uses panels that are placed in a set area and don't move, whereas Cryoskin uses a handheld device controlled by the technician, which is massaged across whichever area is being treated. Cryoskin can be used in one of two ways: for CryoToning, which boosts circulation, collagen production, and is great for improving the look of cellulite, or for CryoSlimming, which destroys fat cells. (Same machine, just some different specifics, and modalities.)

I went to Chicago's CryoBar and opted for CryoSlimming on the backs of my thighs, though it works well on all of the classic problem spots, including the stomach, love handles, hips, and butt. The technician started by applying a gel on the area to help the handpiece glide along while my skin heated up. The extreme contrast between going from hot to cold shocks the fat cells for even better results, she noted. Next came the cold.

While it definitely felt cold (we're talking somewhere in the neighborhood of -8 to -10 degrees Celsius), it wasn't uncomfortable at all. It certainly wasn't painful. Because the handpiece is used to massage the area being treated, it actually felt kind of nice. I was in and out in about 30 minutes and was able to go about my normal day-to-day activities as usual.

The one big caveat: No eating any kind of sugar for at least two hours (ideally four to five) after, or two hours prior to treatment. Because the cold weakens the fat cells, you don't want to give them any fuel afterward, since the goal is ultimately to destroy them. It's also important to avoid intense exercise right before treatment since that makes it harder to cool down your skin; working out afterward is fine.

The big takeaway? You see some results right away. Immediately post-treatment, I lost ½ inch on one leg and ¼ inch on the other. It takes about two weeks for the lymphatic system to flush everything out, after which I had lost another inch on both sides. Ideally, three to five sessions, spaced 15 to 21 days apart, are recommended for best results, though I obviously noticed a difference after just one. At CryoBar, Cryoskin costs $350 per session ($975 for three or $1500 for five), though costs will vary across the country.

And, as with any fat-freezing treatment, keep in mind that this isn't a magic fix that will allow you to forgo the gym and sit on the couch eating Bon-Bons all day and still have a six-pack. But in combination with a healthy diet and lifestyle, it's a good option to help get rid of stubborn trouble areas. And really, who doesn't have some of those?

CryoSlimming Before & After Care Instructions

The following before and aftercare instructions are to help ensure the best possible results with your CryoSlimming treatments.

1. Avoid eating sugar or carbohydrates of any kind 2-3 hours before and after a CryoSlimming session.

2. If possible, avoid all sugars for 4-5 hours before and after your session. (2 hours is the minimum.) This applies to all carbohydrates including pasta, rice, bread, cereals, and fruit. The reason for this is that the cold weakens and retracts the adipocyte (fat storage cell). Consuming sugar may return immediate energy to these cells, thus interrupting the process of cell death or making it less efficient.

3. The lymphatic system takes 15 takes to complete an entire cycle. Please support your system to do its job effectively during this time by drinking plenty of water. Other activities that support the lymphatic system can be helpful such as lymphatic massage or an infrared sauna.

4. Please wait 72 hours after CryoSlimming to use a sauna or tanning bed.

5. Avoid exercise directly before a session. It will be harder to effectively cool the body if you come straight from a heavy workout.

What are the side effects?

There are a few. Sometimes localized redness disappears after a few hours. Sometimes some local pain rarely exceeds 2 to 3 hours. There may also be some itching without consequences and often due to the reactions of certain cosmetic products used by clients. Hence it is good to ask clients to not use anything (i.e. strong lotions) before coming to do the treatment because some products can crystallize to the cold and cause discomfort.

Are there any risks?

The risks concern only people with contraindications mentioned above and remain minor and temporary.

Is there a certain person who is best suited for this treatment?

The best body profile is clients that are not "fat" or overweight. The treatment is not for clients requiring weight loss but rather for the vast majority of those who have unsightly cellulite or fatty areas (often due to poor diet, poor lifestyle or a static workplace, for example).

Is there a minimum age for this treatment? Why?

The treatment is not recommended for children. It is not a problem for adolescents of age 15 or older. This is because until puberty is complete cartilage is still building. All other contraindications listed above.

Is there anyone you would advise not doing it for other reasons? i.e. Just won't work for them?

There are few failures. But sometimes somebody types and metabolisms do not give the expected results. It is also very often observed that these partial failures are due to very poor diet/lifestyle or to undeclared medical conditions.

If there a specific BMI (Body Mass Index) range where this works most effectively?

Don't treat people classed as "Obese". It would be too difficult to reach the whole area and they won't be able to bear it for 5-6 hours and the liver and kidney can't process that level of waste. Obese people have to diet first."Obese" is usually BMIs over around 35 – but you can use your discretion based on the fact that you need to be able to treat an area which is half a sheet of A4 page.

Are clients able to do this treatment after Cryotherapy?

Technically, they are able to do cryotherapy on the same day. However, we still recommend that clients wait until the next day to avoid potential overexposure to the cold on localized areas and subsequent discomfort for the client.

How long do clients need to wait between CryoSkin and Cryoskin?

Minimum of one month.

Can we treat people with lipomas?

Out of precaution, we don't treat lipomas directly and no effective results have been shown for their Cryoskin treatment.

Is it ok to treat people with Tattoos?

Yes.

Is it ok to treat people who are Breastfeeding?

Yes, but never with anybody sessions. Only with Facial Toning.

Is it ok to treat people undergoing IVF?

Yes.

Is it okay to treat people who have an open wound?

No. Unless you cover the wound with some sort of plaster. The reason for this is not to pass bodily fluid onto the Wand. If you cover the wound then treat through the cover the treatment should help to heal due to increased blood flow to the area.

Is it okay to treat people after wax/laser hair removal?

It's best to wait 1 week after these treatments to make sure the treated areas are fully healed and bodily fluid won't get on the wand.

Is it okay to treat people after other non-invasive dermatological procedures?

(i.e. Hydro facial, etc) – please note this does not include Botox or fillers Yes, all other dermatological technologies are compatible with the Cryoskin. For the Toning program, do one session per week and one other technology can be added after 72 hours. For the Slimming program, one or more other technologies can be used after 72 hours of sessions. The Cryoskin can be easily combined with popular treatments like the Hydro facial while respecting the 72 hour wait period.

Why is this effective for Cellulite?

The treatment causes vasoconstriction then vasodilation in the blood vessels. This increases blood flow which results in increased Collagen and Elastin production. Collagen helps to break down Cellulite.

How should you treat someone who is overweight AND has Cellulite?

You should do slimming one week/toning the next week and repeat – as this will reduce fat and also stimulate collagen production which breaks down fat. Ideally, after the slimming treatments, customers would do Drainage (Lots of water and walking OR Compression with legs elevated).

What is the basis of the Cryoskin 2.0 machine?

It was built based on a medical device called Cryo T-Shock. Cryo T-Shock is used to help people recover from injuries – it reduces inflammation and pain in infected areas. This device has won awards for effectiveness and has been used for over 30,000 treatments.

What is Prodesign vs Aesthetic vs Pagani?

Prodesign and Aesthetic are owned by the same person (Laurent Chevalier) Aesthetic sells directly in France via a catalog. Prodesign sells via Distributors globally. Pagani manufactures machines for Aesthetic/Prodesign. The IP (Intellectual Property) for Cryoskin 2.0 is owned personally by Laurent Chevalier and Bernard who works at Pagani.

How many machines were sold in France last year?

300. This is with a very small sales team.

How long will it take for devices to be delivered to retailers?

8 weeks.

How does it feel?

The feeling is rather pleasant thanks to the start of the treatment which is generally done with a short period of skin warming and a gradual but rapid decrease of the temperature. At the end of the treatment, the thermal shock appears very quickly, which gives a feeling of warmth and lightness at the same time.

Why do you need the gel?

The gel has been specially designed to retain all its qualities of gliding and protection from -30 ° up to + 60 °.

Why is it a certain gel?

It does not crystallize and therefore does not risk stopping the gliding of the treatment head and especially protects the skin against the risks of burning by the cold. WARNING: Do not use any non-conforming products – that could cause skin damage and/or damage to the wand.