Crushing Hesitations About Crushes

Crushing Hesitations About Crushes

As told by your favorite artists/bands.

43
Crushing Hesitations About Crushes

I want to start off by reassuring everyone that this isn't a post forcing you into a relationship. It also isn't attributing love to being solely between two people; it may be between you and pizza. Some people are truly happy being single and independent, and there is nothing wrong with that. Rather, I'm hoping to shed some light on people who may be ready for a relationship but have hesitations. Since I am not an expert on this topic, I brought in some well-known artists to help me (and you) out.

1. I'm Crazy!

I'll love you with all the madness in my soul - "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen

If Bruce can do it, so can you!

2. I'm too sad a person

And only she chose me when I'm blue - "Only You" by Mac Demarco

Mac Demarco is sometimes sad. But he still has a partner—just look at that adorable smile on his face!

3. I'm too busy for love.

Real love, it finds you somewhere with your back to it - "Real Love" by Beach House

As my mom always says, "Love happens when you're busy doing other things." I'm at college, she sends me cookies. Busy -> cookies -> love

4. I don't have any money

She gives me presents, with her presence alone - "Angel" by Jack Johnson

Chances are, neither do they. Get creative (or cheesy).

5. I'm too nerdy

Since this is the perfect spot to learn, teach me tonight - "Teach Me Tonight" by Frank Sinatra (my favorite version by Amy Winehouse).

Teach someone a little math, learn a little about chemistry

6. No one's strong enough for me.

But what about...

JOHHHHNNNN CENNNNNAAAA!!!! *trumpets blaring*

6. I can't do long distance.

Oh baby there ain't no mountain high enough, Ain't no valley low enough, Ain't no river wide enough, To keep me from getting to you babe - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell.

This song came out before there was even Skype or FaceTime. #noexcuses

Look people. If Kanye West can learn to love someone other than himself, then so can you.