Being A Creature Of Habit

5 Reasons Why being a creature of habit isn't a bad thing

At least when it comes to vacationing.

161
https://pixabay.com/en/sunset-body-of-water-dawn-sun-sea-3259019/

While traveling and visiting different places all the time ensures you're going to see and experience new things, there is nothing like already knowing everything about your trip. The ideal situation is to always keep one trip constant and to change the other one up every year to get the full experience.

Here are 5 reasons that prove it isn't a bad thing to be a creature of habit:

1. There's never much planning involved after the first trip.

You don't have to spend months planning a trip and making sure everything is perfect because you've already done all the planning the first year.

2. You know all of the best restaurants .

Throughout the years, you've experienced all of the restaurants and know exactly which ones to never go back to. Certain ones also become your staples. And if your family is anything like mine, not only do the vacations become yearly things, so do the restaurants in those vacation places.

3. You have met friends that you begin to see year after year.

Especially in a more intimate vacation spot, families are more than likely to come back year after year. Growing up, the best feeling was knowing that you're going to see your friends every year at the same place over and over again.

4. The place where you are staying gets to know you

If you're staying at a resort, the people will get to know you and love when you come to stay. There is something really special about feeling like you belong and feeling like you're "back home" when you vacation.

5. You are comfortable there.

There are no surprises or shocks or unexpected events. You're content knowing that you know what you're going to get exactly what you expected.

I know that going to the same place every year may not be for everyone, especially younger couples exploring the world. But once I have kids, I'm going to make sure to have a consistent vacation spot because I know how much fun it was growing up anticipating that one week out of the year.

Since I am such a creature of habit in the first place that I may just bring my children back to the same place my parents have been taking us for all of these years.