The Sims 4 Unleashes My Creativity

Some people find that their creativity comes in the form of drawing or painting or playing a musical instrument... but not me. I love putting items - that already exist - together in a cohesive manner. Think more in terms of collages, interior design, and even architecture.

Those last two things, in particular, can be really expensive -- unless they aren't?

When I was younger, I loved playing the Sims 2 Deluxe on my PC. I would waste hours and hours playing out different life goals and building huge houses. But then I lost the game in a move, and I moved on.

Fast forward about seven years, and I see that there is a sale for Sims 4 that I can download on my Mac - for $5. Despite not playing for so long, I still had the fondest of memories of the game, and I figured that, for $5, I might as well see if I still love the game, especially with all the new items and better graphics.

Let's just say that that was one of the best $5 I have spent in a good while. I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay aspect these days, but I still love building and furnishing houses. Whether it be mansions or tiny homes, I lose myself in making houses based on certain themes or within a certain budget.

In spending $5, I get to be an architect and interior designer over and over again. Even though it is a computer game, I can feel my creativity flowing each time I play.