How To Make A Crappy Situation Even Worse

Instead of pretending to know how to overcome life's difficulties, I’m sticking to an area of my expertise.

24
The Huffington Post

Life is a series of peaks and valleys. When you’re struggling through a long, treacherous valley you should push forward, looking ahead with hope and determination, knowing that you will eventually reach a peak. With patience and courage, the journey will eventually be worth your effort.

Personally, I know nothing about that. I prefer to cope by throwing an enormous tantrum or shutting out the people who care about me the most. So instead of pretending to know how to overcome difficulties, I’m sticking to an area of my expertise: How to make a crappy situation even worse.

Consume more than half your body weight in snacks within 30 minutes.

Bring on the fake cheese, the cookie dough, and the sour gummies. Filling the emotional void within you via calories is the most delicious way to feel guilty in addition to sad.

Take your feelings out on inanimate objects.

Punch whatever is in reach—your laptop screen, a brick wall, your roommate’s poster of Deadpool. See? You’ve just made yourself a much more complicated evening than you would have had otherwise.

Throw a tantrum in the middle of a supermarket like a very small, hangry child.

Snot-crying in front of total strangers is always an interesting social experiment.

Retreat to the land of Netflix.

Your actual friends are trying to be there for you, but they can’t find you because you’re buried under a burrito of blankets watching Rachel and Ross, whispering, “They were on a break.”

Wipe your wallet clean for retail therapy.

Shopping the Old Navy spring sale with no inhibitions was all fun and games until you checked your bank account the next day. #mywalletisasemptyasmyheart

Make an unfortunate tattoo decision.

No ragrets. Not even a letter.

All jokes aside, getting through tough times does take patience and courage. Based on the fact that you read this article to the end, you’ve got at least a bit of that. You are a strong, resilient individual, and you’re going to get through your crappy situation. Unless you actually harmed your roommate’s Deadpool poster, in which case, you're a monster.