April Update to "The Coronavirus Rant"

April Update to "The Coronavirus Rant"

It got worse.

8

This article serves as an update to the previous one about Corona that I made in March. The situation has drastically changed, and I just wanted to provide an update on my perception of it since then.

When I originally typed my article, Coronavirus in the United States was being extremely downplayed by Government officials at the federal level. I was one of the few people I knew around that was trying to stay calm with it all. I wasn't rushing to panic buy stacks of toilet papers and stock up on food. And while these viruses are very unpredictable, it is safe to say thanks to Government attitude from the White House and the President, it made the United States utterly unprepared to combat this virus. The Governor of Ohio, Mike DeWine has done an excellent job controlling the virus, as someone who didn't vote for him in the election last year I appreciate now more than ever his quickness to fight this invisible killer. As the weeks continued and more things got shut down, I realized the true severity of not the virus but the incompetence by the federal government. By downplaying this – the virus was able to spread and public perception was to blow off it off.

But now we are seeing people hoarding unnecessary amounts of supplies – jacking up the prices. We are seeing nurses in tears, being FIRED for putting their safety over others due to the last of N-95 masks. I think right now, it is a time that really showcases in America the incompetence by those who are supposed to run this country. Because while we have people like DeWine and Dr. Fauci who are taking this threat seriously – we have other governors like the Governor of Alabama who issued a state at home ordered YESTERDAY (at the time this article was written). The same state where the CDC operates and ordered social distancing weeks ago. We have people like cashiers, delivery drivers, and food workers pushing long hours and still not getting paid a living wage while reimbursement funds are going to people who have the most money – Wall Street. We have college students who just got kicked out of their dorms – some having nowhere to go due to being an international student – being forced to do online learning; with might, I add – professors not lightening up the workload. I can speak personally on that front as my professors have assigned so much busy work for no reason. And going back again, we have medical workers struggling! And nothing is being done about it. Ventilators are now a political tool in the eyes of the president who keeps trying to inflate his own ego in a time of crisis by claiming he hasn't made any mistakes with the crisis. It's okay to admit mistakes dude!

So in conclusion, if I could tell myself a month ago that it gets worse, I would. Then maybe something with the snowball effect would've saved us all. In the end, just stay home and social distance for at least another two weeks; the quicker we do, the quicker this will all be over.

From Your Site Articles