8 Cover Songs BETTER Than The Original

8 Cover Songs BETTER Than The Original

You need to hear this.

63
8 Cover Songs BETTER Than The Original
Art's Ribs

Now, I just wanted to state right off the bat that this is my personal OPINION. In that case, you may not agree with me and that is okay.

I love music. I am constantly listening to music anywhere and everywhere I go. My music taste varies from genre to genre. I can listen to anything from Classical Music to EDM to K-pop. Along the way, I have come across various covers of some of my favorite songs. Some good and some really, really bad. Here’s a list of some of the best covers I’ve discovered and some in my opinion, better than the original song.

1. "When We Were Young" by Adele

The cover is sung by Fernando Daniel from The Voice Portugal. I stumbled upon this cover on my Twitter timeline. I’m pretty sure some of you have also come across it. If you haven’t I seriously recommend you go check it out!! I am a huge fan of Adele but this cover was incredible beyond words. I was speechless after listening to it.

2. "I Will Always Love You" by Dolly Parton

The cover is sung by Whitney Houston. That’s right I said Whitney Houston y’all!! When I found out this song wasn’t originally sung by Whitney, I was shocked to say the least. But, apparently a lot of people already knew that it wasn’t Whitney’s original song so I guess I am the last person on earth to find this out.

3. "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey

The cover is sung by Miley Cyrus at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. I found this one on YouTube and it is phenomenal! It really shows off her beautiful voice and lets the audience know what she can do with her voice.

4. "Take Me To Church" by Hozier

The cover is sung by none other than Mr. Ed Sheeran and it is also sung at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. Ed Sheeran is one of my all-time favorite artists and his songs are very important to me because they helped me through some of the darkest periods of my life. I have also had the pleasure of seeing Hozier live and he is a superstar. He has the voice of an angel and Ed smashed this cover. I wouldn’t say Ed’s version is better though because I love both versions equally so, that’s up for you to decide.

5. "Live and Let Die" by Paul McCartney and The Wings

The cover is sung by Guns N’ Roses! This is another one of those songs that I didn’t know was a cover. I really thought this was a Guns N’ Roses song but hey, they smashed it!

6. "We Don’t Talk Anymore" by Charlie Puth ft. Selena Gomez

The cover of this song that I found on SoundCloud is sung by Jungkook and Jimin of K-pop boyband BTS. I personally didn’t like the original song in the first place, but they slayed this cover! Jungkook and Jimin sound like ANGELS while singing. I actually cried a little bit. Maybe it’s because I am a fan of BTS and anything they do sends me into an emotional overdrive, but this cover was something else. Simply, a masterpiece.

7. "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap

I had to include another cover by the fantastic Ed Sheeran because he excels in everything he does. This cover is basically Ed’s own version of the song with a little help from The Roots! This cover can be found on The Tonight Show channel on YouTube.

8. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

The cover is sung by my favorite band, Panic! At The Disco. Brendon Urie’s voice is incredible and the things he did with this song left me speechless. I have heard this cover sung by P!ATD twice and each time was better than the last. The cover was so good they recorded a studio version of it and it was even featured on the Suicide Squad Movie Soundtrack.