Country Fans: Here's What I've Been Listening To This Week

Sometimes we all just need a few new songs to freshen up our playlists. We listen to the same stuff over and over so here are a few songs to help you change it up.

11
https://wesgay.com/country-music-marketing/

I know what you're thinking, country music: seriously? Well, yes, I am serious. Country music is by far my favorite genre of music and don't you even think about making fun. While many people only like country in the summer, I am different. I listen to the stuff year round. Besides, a lot of new stuff comes out in the winter and I am not about to miss it. ANYWAY, we all have those moments when we realize we need new music. We have been listening to the same stuff all semester and we are finally getting sick of it. Well, I am here to help. Below you are going to find an abundance of artists and songs but be warned: it's all country. Some of it is old, some of it is new. But I promise, all of it is good (if you're a country fan).

1) A Long Way by Luke Combs

This song is fresh off Luke Combs' newest album "This One's for You Too (Deluxe Version)." It's an upbeat fun song perfect for a nice drive or when you're just hanging out at home. I chose to mention this song because, in my opinion, Luke Combs is the best new country artist out there and I love him, so yeah.

2) Alright by Darius Rucker

This is an oldie but a goodie. It came out in 2008 on the album "Learn to Live." It's an upbeat happy song about being alright with what you got and being thankful for your home and family. If you need any excuse to listen to it, here's one: Darius Rucker's voice. This voice is one of the few that I could pick out of a crowd. It's unique and so fun to listen to.

3) American Country Love Song by Jake Owen

Talk about the perfect summer country song. This song is by definition, a bop. You can't help but tap your foot when you're listening. This song is off the 2016 album titled "American Love." Seriously, I don't even know what to say about it other than it is SUCH a good song. Listen to it. Now. Then come back and finish reading.

4) Who I am With You by Chris Young

This is another example of an oldie but a goodie. However, it's not quite as old. The album "A.M." featuring Who I am With You came out in 2013. Since then, it has been a very popular wedding song for many... including some good friends of mine that got married back in September. Since then, I haven't been able to stop listening to it. Who knows, maybe it'll be my wedding song someday.

5) All of It by Cole Swindell

COLE SWINDELL: Where do I even start? I love this man, I love this song, I love this album (also called All of It). This song, again, is a bop. It came out in August of this year and since then nothing has topped it. Ever since I heard it the first time, I knew it would be a favorite for a long time. Have I convinced you to listen to it yet? Good. Go listen to it along with the other 4 I mentioned before. I promise, you'll love it.

Now go. Go listen. And if you want more music like this, follow my playlist "Those Country Goods" on Spotify. You'll be set for a while considering it's 20 hours long.