I Can Count The Places I've Traveled To On One Hand, And That's Not OK

Adventure is out there and I know it's mine to take

259
Toa Heftiba

Being on this Earth for a little over 19 years, there is so much that I still want to do with my life. I obviously want the American dream; the job, the house, the family. But before all of that, I have this immense urge to go travel. Maybe it's because of the lack of places that I have been to or just browsing through everyone's photos from studying abroad, but recently I have decided that there is so much of the world out there that I want to see.

Ever since watching "The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants" when I was 12, I have been dying to travel to Greece. The beautiful white taverns accompanied by the bright blue skies is the aesthetic I've been waiting for my entire life. I can see myself now riding a donkey up to amazing scenery and endless amounts of greek food (my absolute favorite). Santorini and Athens would be one of the first stops on the journey.

To add to the list, who wouldn't want to travel to France? My grandmother grew up there and has nothing but the best to say about the enchanting place. I want to visit the Eiffel Tower at night with the lights glowing all around it. I dream of sipping tea in the morning with a crepe waiting for me as I read my favorite book. Maybe I'll even take up French. The possibilities there are endless.

The black sand beaches of Hawaii is something that I thought I would only see in photos. I want to be able to feel the warmth of this sand in between my toes in person. I will lay in the sun for hours, forgetting all my cares and responsibilities while the palm trees sway above my head. If you need me, I'll be sipping on a coconut somewhere in a bikini.

These expectations of travel may seem out of reach, but one way or another I am going to make it happen. You only get one life and I want to see it all. I think that getting to see other cultures and lifestyles in different places can change your perspective on life. I hope to be able to partake in this discovery and become an overall better person.

I want to explore. I know that there is so much out there for me to discover and now is the time to do it, while I'm young. I don't know when exactly I'll get the opportunity to do this. Maybe during college, maybe after. I look forward to the day I am able to jump on a plane and soar off to a new destination. The beauties and treasures of this world need to be experienced and I won't be satisfied until I am there. I want to be able to live my life without wishing I could've gone somewhere or did something.