Cosplay

13 Things You Should Know Before You Date A Cosplayer

Be prepared for piles of fabric and hot glue burns.

9836
cosplay

So you want to date a cosplayer? You may be ready to take on a convention, watch some anime, play some video games, and attend the raves. But are you REALLY ready to date a cosplayer?

1. You will be used as a wig head

It's honestly just easier to style a wig on someone's head than it is on a wig head. Everyone wants those perfect spikes.

2. Fabric, fabric everywhere

Don't have a blanket at their apartment? There's a pile of unused fleece somewhere from a past project.

3. "Can you zip this?"

Who cares if we did not make the cosplay fully functional? We can always use that extra help.

4. No idea what to give as a gift?

I got three words for you: Joann's gift cards. Or for the armor building cosplay significant other, a Harbor Freight gift card works too.

5. Handy dandy bag holder

It is extremely rare for cosplayers to have pockets. So be prepared (if you're not cosplaying with them) to hold their bags, cell phones, wallets, emergency sewing kit, water, makeup bag, their sanity throughout the con. We appreciate it when you do!

6. Stress, all of the stress

As it comes closer to con season, a cosplayer's stress increases. This is mainly due to adding on so many cosplans for their line-up months ago, but just deciding to start the cosplays the week of the con. Comfort them to the best of your ability.

7. You will become a Saran wrap and duct tape expert

When trying to make a new armor build, it is easier with a second person. You just happen to be the one always available now. Maybe not to this degree though.

8. Don't cut paper with the fabric scissors

JUST. DO. NOT. DO. IT. PLEASE.

9. Be ready for social media comments

A large majority of cosplayers have their own pages and without a doubt will they will receive THOSE types of comments.

10. Couple cosplays

It is bound to happen sooner or later, just be ready for the all of the pictures at the con!

11. Photo-shoots

Best way to get great pictures of your cosplayer significant other's cosplay? Photo-shoots. It may be you taking pictures on their phones, or done professionally (support your local photographers and don't forget to credit them!). Just be prepared for the waiting game of the photo shoot.

12. Con paparazzi

Speaking of photo shoots, be ready to have to stop every few seconds for another con-goer to take photos of your significant other.

13. Most of all, they are your nerd

Despite everything, it is all worth it. They are your nerd and you would not have them any other way.

If you happen to find love with someone who cosplays, do not be afraid to understand the sense of their world! It can be an amazing experience full of wonder and hot glue burns.