How Wendy's Focuses On Adoption

While Many Corporations Are Focused On Abortion, Wendy's Is Focused On Adoption

Getting rid of abortion means more children in foster care, whether we like it or not, and Wendy's has just the organization to help those children.

20

It seems like all the major companies around us can worry about is the topic of abortion and whether or not they are for it. Everywhere you look on the media are links to articles about it or some new bill passed against it, but one company, in particular, has set out to do something a little different.

For those who don't know, the popular fast food franchise, Wendy's, has been partnered with its own adoption foundation for over 25 years. The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption was founded by none other than Dave Thomas himself, and his number one vision was to find every child a permanent home and family. This very purpose is extremely vital and relevant to today's big news topics because with the increased push to get rid of abortion, we're going to need as much help as we can get for the adoption centers.

This year, the foundation is going even further. Wendy's is offering "Spread The Love" cups where $5 will be donated each time someone scans the snap code on their cup. The foundation also raises money through Wendy's Frosty key tags, Halloween coupon Boo! books, national adoption night and coin canisters.

The signature program of the foundation is called Wendy's Wonderful Kids, and it provides adoption agencies with criteria for recruiters who are 100 percent for the children. Research has proven the model to be up to three times more effective at serving children who have been in foster care the longest, including teenagers, sibling groups, and children with special needs. The recruiters work with smaller amounts of children to ensure the best outcome. Several of these kids are almost out of the ideal age frame, have been in the system for numerous years, and have been in many homes.

There are many ways to donate to the company, such as directly through the website. You can also plan events, fundraise, or purchase items from the site store. I think that in today's society, which is extremely focused on the outcome of abortion, it is important to think of the other components involved. Our adoption centers and foster homes are already overflowing, and with the removal of abortion, this will only get worse. It is important that each child born gets their forever family, and this is exactly what the Dave Thomas Foundation and Wendy's wants.