The Conversation Between Roommates On Move-In Day

249

My roommate has moved in two days early to help freshman move in on campus. She has called me every second, updating me on details of the room and the little panic attacks she was having along the way.

My freshman year of college was a roller coaster of emotion, but somehow the stars aligned and I found my roommate. We're the exact opposite in the way that I could keep the room messy forever, and she needs it to be tidy at all times, but we're the exact same when it comes to understanding each other. I would be lost without my roommate, so obviously we're both very excited for summer to be over so we can begin our second year of being the best roommates in the history of the world -- but we're a little biased. The conversation while my roommate was moving in and I was finishing up some last minute packing, went something like this:

Just an FYI, I'm here and about to walk into the room. Wish me luck.

Okay, the bathroom is really nice, like much nicer than our other one. This room is way smaller than last year. I didn't think that was possible.

I'm doing some serious feng shui right now -- Dad can you help me move this bed into an L shape? I'm looking around the room as we speak, there is no way we are going to fit all of our stuff.

My responses usually go something like this:

Omg, I can't wait to see you.

Hey, if we have wi-fi that's all I care about.

Omg, you're stressing me out -- where are we gonna put all our stuff?

Ugh, I wish I was there already!

Keep me posted.

Three hours later: okay, it's not so bad.

It feels so weird having to use my ID card for everything again.

We need to go grocery shopping I'm lacking in chocolate and Ramen.

I think I'll be okay once my TV is set up.

It's a lot smaller than last time, and it feel so weird to be back. I miss my Roomie!

I miss you, too, Roomie!