The Conspiracies Of The Trump Administration Are Extreme

What's really going on with Russia?

7
New York Review of Books

Since after the primaries of the 2016 election, there have been all sorts of conspiracies about what is going on with our government. Hillary Clinton and her private emails. Donald Trump and his relationship with Putin. Theories that Russia hacked US technology during the elections. And the conspiracies have only gotten more complex during Trump's presidency. Nearly all of his high up staffers have gotten accused of consorting with Russia in one way or another but not much concrete evidence has been found one way or another. Most recently, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has had to recuse himself from any investigations about Russia and the White House because of his personal ties to it. President Trump defended Jeff Sessions while others like Nancy Pelosi demanded his resignation.

There is a lot of distrust even among those in the White House. Press Secretary Sean Spicer collected the phones of his staff to search them to try and find who was leaking information from the White House. The source has not been found.

Trump, under constant scrutiny from the press and American people, is trying to deflect the conspiracies onto members of the democratic party. He is making his own accusations to try and turn the spotlight away from the chaotic White House and onto the democrats. Distraction by outrageous remarks has always been a key strategy for him For example, he accused Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer of having ties to Putin because of pictures from over a decade ago.

Over time, Trump's accusations have gotten more and more extreme. For instance, without citing any particular evidence, he accused Barack Obama of wire-tapping Trump Tower phones. Obama's spokesperson immediately shut down this accusation, saying that Obama never tapped into any private citizens phones. The White House seems to be in constant turmoil if not chaos these days and these conspiracy charges coming from both left and right are not helping. The fact that so many members of the White House staff have connections to Russia is highly concerning. No one knows how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Hopefully, there will eventually be a trial so the American people can know just who is running the country and how deep America's connections to Russia really are.