Conquered.

Conquered.

Project Israel: Part Two
Drew
Drew
4268

Conquered.

I am conquered.

My mind, heart, and soul are incense before you.

Placed on the altar, are all my actions.

There my head hits the floor, knees press the ground,

Do I dare look up at You?

So, I stare behind, shadow below.

O’ Light above,

Weighing down upon me.

I am conquered.

Battle in the Heavens!

I am servant to both armies!

I am a general for Lucifer, I am a prince of Christ!

Does this please you: fallen below?

Father Above?

Such a lost thought, back & forth, between Death and Life.

I am conquered.

Weaned, bent, twisted by my own hand?

O’ Sin, are you my master?

By God’s Grace, no!

Yet it was I who stripped You, we struck You!

Strip me, strike me!

You gave me keys to the kingdom.

I threw my heart to the fire.

O’ Sin,

I am yours—all of me.

All my wretchedness is yours.

I am con—No!

O’ Jesus!

I am yours—all of me.

All my wretchedness is yours!

Mercy Maker, Death Defiler, Grace Giver!

Cover me with all!

It is all far more than enough!

Victory is at hand!

I am conquered.

—Drew Seitz

5 Things To Do When Your Professors Challenge Your Beliefs As A Christian

As long as you know God is FOR you, it doesn't matter who is AGAINST you.

1714

Being a Christian in our world today is very, very challenging. There are many misconceptions about our beliefs and our morals, as well as people who believe we don't practice what we preach.

As a college student, I've come across many professors who enjoy challenging my beliefs due to the "lack of evidence" or the "impossibility" of the circumstances. While it frustrates me to no end, I've had to learn that arguing and debating with people who don't believe in God is pointless. They aren't going to change their mind and there's no way a college student is going to change that.

Arguing will get you nowhere, people are going to believe what they want to believe and we can't change that. Instead of trying to debate with your professors, do these five things instead. I assure you, you'll get much more out of them than an argument.

1. Pray

cdn.pixabay.com

Pray to God to help you and your belief remain strong, but also pray that the Holy Spirit finds them and touches their heart. A heart that isn't filled with God is an awfully sad one.

2. Acknowledge that people don't always agree with your beliefs

cdn.pixabay.com

If someone tried to convince you that God isn't real, you're not going to listen to their points or anything else that they have to say. Acknowledge that people think differently and sometimes you can't change that. Only God can.

3. Drop the class

cdn.pixabay.com

This is really a last resort, but it's also understandable. I would hate to have to sit in a class where I felt personally attacked for over an hour each day. If you find yourself in this position, get OUT.

4. When things get too difficult-- bathroom break

cdn.pixabay.com

Sometimes all you really need is a breather. When the lecture gets too tough, ask to go to the bathroom, get some water, and say a prayer.

5. Read your Bible

cdn.pixabay.com

This is the most important one. Your bible has all of the answers, no matter the circumstance. If you find yourself unable to cope with the challenges the professor presents to you, open the bible and start reading. God will fill your heart and put your mind at ease.

It's hard enough feeling out of place in today's society, just because of your beliefs. Then to have someone constantly challenging everything you base your life off of? That's even more difficult!

But instead of arguing, choose one of these five things to do. It will be a much better use of your time and you'll feel much better about it than you would by arguing with someone.

Who knows, maybe one day God will touch their heart and things will be different. God's pretty powerful and can change things in an instant. Trust him.