Congrats, You Made It Through Your First Semester!

1 down, 7 more to go.

237

A lot is changing for the second-semester freshmen, including myself! First of all, you have survived an entire semester, something you thought you would have never been able to say. Maybe you even made Dean's List! The lost and confused look you had while walking to your classes the first couple of weeks is gone for good. The feeling of horror to raise your hand and ask a question in class has now vanished.

Not only does it feel great to know that you know your way around, you also are more confident because you’ve gotten to know more people. Maybe your RA doesn’t seem so bad after all. I, for one, still have yet to meet mine! (Maybe that will come next semester!) You have the nightlife down and you're confident enough to make the plans for you and your friends at the fraternities, now that you can tell the differences between them!

If your school rushes first semester, then you can say that you successfully survived the brutal rush process. The hard part is over and now you can enjoy being a sorority sister. For those of you who have yet to go through this process, brace yourselves, it will not go by fast! On the bright side, you’re one more semester closer to it being over and believe me, the wait is worth it.

Lastly, you are finally appreciative of dorm life! Those gross dorm showers that once gave you chills aren’t so bad anymore. You may even have a favorite shower! The tiny twin bed that was once too small to even imagine sleeping in, you are now day dreaming about during class. The close distance between your roommate and yourself is not claustrophobic, but instead convenient for those Sunday movie nights. While your dorm room may seem small and a little dusty, it’s yours and something we will one day miss. (At least that’s what my older sister tells me.)

It’s a new year, a new semester, and a new you. Instead of being nervous going into this semester, you’re filled with feelings of excitement! Another amazing semester filled with daylongs, late library nights, all-nighters, overeating, and being with the people that make you happy. Congratulations, we have 7 semesters left.