Trying To Figure Out Your Own Life

Stop Trying To Fit Squares Into Circles

What the confusing part in life can be called

99

If you've ever heard "Come Clean" by Hilary Duff, then you know that line, "trying to fit a square into a circle was no life." I feel like this is my life sometimes. It can happen when you surround yourself with people who aren't like you or people who are trying to make you like them. You can feel that this is how your life is when it's almost like you are pushing through a pool wearing all your clothes. It's like you can't keep up and you feel like you're drowning. It can feel like you don't know exactly what your feelings are and you can almost feel confused on what you should be feeling.

This can be a common feeling to have when you first start college and all the way up to being a junior in college. Sometimes, I wake up and it just feels like I'm going through a day, like I'm just waiting for it to start. I keep waiting for something to almost wake me up and realize the importance of today. When you join a new group of friends or when you are in a place where you don't know hardly anyone, you can get this feeling too. It can be like you are the square person trying to fit into a group of circles and your points keep getting in the way. You have to remember that you are special.

You are a square for a reason. When you were created, the best qualities were picked just for you. You have point because those are what makes you special. Those are the things you are passionate about and know the most about. You should never have to try and fit yourself into a circle shaped box. Sometimes it can feel like the entire world is a circle box and it feels like you're never going to fit in. One day you are going to have some smoother sides and you are just going to slide right into the circle box and still keep your square-ness.

It can take some time to get into your spot where you completely fit in. It can feel like you are up against the world with everything you do, but that how you can determine if you are supposed to be doing something. You can also feel like this when are you are doing something that you don't really want to. For example, when you are waiting for something to happen and it's something that you are not in control and can't be control of. It can be difficult to let things go and just let life happen.

I know that it can be a very frustrating thing to deal with, but we all go through seasons of confusion and being a square. Even if you fall into your circle spot, you can still get stuck and grow some more points and not know where to fall through. It will eventually go away and you will get back into your smooth square world, but until then, continue to be your square and try not to succumb to the ways of the circles.