A Complete Review Of Lindsey Stirling's "Warmer In The Winter"

Words don't do justice to how beautiful this album is.

660
Altitude Tickets

Award-winning violinist and current Dancing with the Stars contestant, Lindsey Stirling, recently dropped a new Christmas album and all I can say is yes. This is what we've all been waiting for and we finally got what we wanted. Lindsey won't stop, she's got the heart of gold and a spunky character that really shows in this album. Here's my review on her newest album Warmer in the Winter.

1. "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"

Lindsey takes her own little spin on the "Nutcracker" classic, which gives it the calm, warm feel of the winter holiday months. If you're looking for a song to put you in a chill mood, this one is for you. Her spunky and unique personality really shows in this insanely beautiful cover.

2. "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (feat. Sabrina Carpenter)

With the addition of Sabrina Carpenter's voice and Lindsey's violin, it's the perfect pair to create an uplifting spin on one of the most beloved Christmas movies of all time. I recommend this one to anyone out there who loves the Grinch and wants to hear a new spin on the classic tune.

3. "Christmas C'mon" (feat. Becky G)

Lindsey doesn't hold back the energy with this original song featuring the lovely Becky G. I enjoy this song because it's not one of your classic Christmas songs, it's new and fresh, and I could listen to this song on repeat for days. It's a song that can even make the Grinch happy and enjoy the Holiday season, that's how great it is. Stirling's violin solos in this one will give you chills going up your spine. Beautifully done.

4. "Carol of the Bells"

The mood simmers down a little bit as this classic is vamped up by Stirling. This is one of the songs on the album that you cannot miss out on. Just like most of the songs on this album, she puts her own little spin on it and makes it her own but keeping the original beat of the song. Words don't do justice to how amazing this track is.

5. "Angels We Have Heard on High"

The song starts out very warm and calm, nothing too crazy. It's very soothing and puts you in the Holiday spirit with the faint voices of a choir in the background. Stirling goes solo for a majority of this song with a few occasional background instruments. This song is another classic Christmas song that you can't skip out on. Yes, everyone has heard this song over and over again throughout their whole lives, but trust me on this one, you'll want to hear what Lindsey has done with this masterpiece.

6. "I Saw Three Ships"

All I can say is that this song makes me want to get out and start dancing. The beat and the energy inside of this song are really something special. The beat drops and you're just waiting for that crazy solo from Lindsey, and that's exactly what happens. Hold on for the ride ladies and gents because this song is one of my favorites on the album.

7. "Let it Snow"

Can I just say that this song is one of the songs on the album that everyone in the family can enjoy. The opening to the song gives a little preview of 'Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer' and goes right into 'Let it Snow'. This is one of the very special tracks on the album, she incorporates Rudolf and Let it Snow throughout the whole song, giving it a very happy and joyful Christmas beat that you can't miss. Who doesn't love Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer?

8. "Warmer in the Winter" (feat. Trombone Shorty)

So, since it's the title of the album, it's gotta be something special, right? Well, you're right! This song is a very cheerful and happy song. The words of the song are a love song, reaching out to your loved ones being warmer in the winter with you (loved ones). Snuggle up next to your family members and jam out to this warm and cozy song.

9. "What Child is This"

This is one of the slowest songs on the album, giving a more darker feel to the holiday season. By no means is that a bad thing because this song gives me the chills every time I listen to it. The suspenseful background instruments and her dark violin notes really come through. I personally enjoy this song because it's really different than all of those other Christmas songs out there.

10. "All I Want for Christmas"

"All I want for Christmas" is more Lindsey Stirling! This song made me excited to listen to even more of the album. The opening solo really sets the mood for the rest of the song, everyone knows the lyrics to this song and can belt out all the words to it no problem. It's the perfect mix of Stirling's violin and background instruments. It's a very happy and fast-paced song.

11. "Time to Fall in Love" (feat. Alex Gaskarth)

Alex Gaskarth adds the perfect voice to this tune; he's got the energy and spirit that matches Lindsey's, which makes this tune one of the greatest on the album. This one isn't your average Christmas song, it adds the pop of today's music in it while keeping the tradition of Stirling's violin. Keep this one on repeat because I know you'll love it.

12. "Jingle Bell Rock"

This song reminds me of Mean Girls every time I listen to it and Lindsey keeps the originality of the song but puts her own spin on it to make it one of the most unique versions of "Jingle Bell Rock" I've heard. The trumpet that you'll hear halfway throughout the song gives it a really jazzy feel, and well, you'll just have to hear it for yourself.

13. "Silent Night"

Last but not least, the most listened to song of any Christmas song out there. She slows it down major during this tune, but in my opinion that's how this song should be performed. It's such a relaxing song and there is absolutely nothing I don't like about this track. It's uplifting and sounds like something you would hear at the beginning or end of a movie. Once again, words don't do justice to how amazing this track is.

Stirling has done it again, she's given us what we've all wanted and has completely dominated the music world. So much talent and she uses it so beautifully. Her music speaks to me as it should to you too.

Buy the album on iTunes and check out her 'Warmer in the Winter Tour' going on right now!