colton was the best bachelor

Colton Was The Best Bachelor, Don't @ Me

It was a roller coaster of a season.

174

My guilty pleasure is 100 percent watching "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette." Every Monday night during the season, you can find me intensely watching ABC with a bag of popcorn. There is just something about all the drama and hopefully a happy ending that makes it hard to not love.

This past season, in particular, has been a roller coaster of emotion and drama. When Chris Harrison claimed it was the most dramatic season yet, he wasn't lying. Colton has come under controversy with some of the choices he made to hopefully find his fiance, but in my opinion, he is one of the most genuine and honest bachelors in the history of the show. When he narrowed the field of women down to three women, he knew that Cassie was the one.

When she had doubts and even left the show, instead of just moving on to the other two, he sent them home and fought for Cassie.

There were tears, high emotions, and even a fence jump. Colton claimed that if it wasn't Cassie at the end of the show, he was quitting the bachelor. He could have easily settled for one of the other two, but instead, Colton risked it all the fight for the relationship. In the end, Cassie saw how much Colton put on the line for her, and how he was all in. They both agreed that an engagement was too soon, but are still together as a couple. In my opinion, this is a reasonable choice. The show is only six weeks long, and most of that time is spent in group settings in the most romantic places in the world. It is completely different being a couple in the real world (which is probably why so many couples from the show split).

The season ended with the couple coming on air with the biggest smiles on their faces.

The numerous photos on social media of the gushing over each other seem to say a lot about their happiness. Even though Colton did not end up engaged in the typical bachelor fashion, I believe that his and Cassie's relationship is even better because of the choices they made.

So, I think we could all learn a thing or two from Colton on how vulnerable he was, and his willingness to fight for the things he loved. I hope him and Cassie the absolute best!