College tips 101: Ballin' on a Budget

College tips 101: Ballin' on a Budget

How to shop and save the most

113
College tips 101: Ballin' on a Budget
Raysonho

These tips will save your life and your wallet.

FABLETICS:

After first joining you’ll probably get an incredible deal with the VIP discount, but you HAVE TO REMEMBER TO CANCEL. Otherwise they’ll charge you $50 dollars a month, and since the point of this article is to help you avoid overpaying for anything, it would be a shame. While you’re calling to cancel they’ll try and get you to stay by offering you $10 store credit. After they offer you the store credit, tell them you’ll think about it and call again later. Once you call again a second time they’ll offer you $10 more store credit and so on, and so on. Eventually you’ll have enough store credit to pay for an outfit for a month. Just make sure you talk to a new representative each time and space out your calls accordingly.

POSHMARK/MERCARI

A site/app where you can sell and buy clothes, shoes, makeup etc.. It takes some digging but you can find some really good items for really good prices! Just make sure to read the reviews of the seller, because often, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. No one is selling their gucci slides for $10, know your prices. Also selling your own items to clear clutter from your closet and make a profit, what a win-win situation. You can make room for all your new finds! The only downside to these are shipping. Mercari charges anywhere from $0-$9 and Poshmark always charges $6.49. But hey depending on the item, it’s worth it.

FOREVER 21

Everyone knows Forever 21, but not everyone knows when they have free shipping on all purchases. Eyeing that cute $10 top but don’t want to pay for $7.99 shipping? The free shipping on all prices takes care of that. You end up only spending $10 for the top, $0 for shipping and a fun gift to look for in the mail! It also eliminates the whole, “well I might as well buy another item so I can get free shipping” issue.

GAP OUTLET

The in-store deals are to die for. It’s basically the whole Gap clearance rack, except you don’t have to pick thru to find your size because they actually have anything and everything. Online is good too, there just aren't as many options and shipping can be a pain and defeat the purpose. My personal favorite is the athletic wear, good quality with good prices. Out of all the places on this list it’s probably the most expensive, but probably the best place if you're looking for good quality and a good sale.