College Is the Perfect Time To Make Mistakes

Because if you fall short and make a C in physics or chemistry, it is not the end of the world.

189
Unsplash

College is becoming inevitable and almost necessary for individuals nowadays. Before, you didn’t need a college degree to be a physical therapist or an accountant.

Now, kids are being raised to think about where they want to go to college when they’re in kindergarten and up until they’re towards the end of their high school years.

Then once they make that decision, they have to try and decide what they want to do with the rest of their lives at only 18 years old. Once you get to college and maybe decide what you want to do for the rest of your life, you are expected to be perfect in almost every way. I know for me, wanting to pursue a degree in the medical field, I can never really slack off.

I am expected to be perfect in almost every way.

The biggest lesson I have learned from being in college is that, yes, you should strive to be the best student you can be. But if you fall short and make a C in physics or chemistry it is not the end of the world.

If someone would have told me this a year ago, I would have said, “oh no, no, no. I must get an A on this test, or I must get an A in this class”.

And OH MY GOD WHY DIDN’T SOMEONE SLAP ME IN THE FACE.

How can anyone be expected to be perfect at a time in your life when you are supposed to make mistakes and be foolish?

If you fail a test, so what, study harder for the next one. If you get a D in physics, that’s okay, take it again. Or don’t. That’s okay too. You overslept for your 9 a.m. class. Eh, it happens. You fall for a stupid boy that doesn’t even acknowledge you. Move on to someone better.

WE ALL DO IT.

It’s okay to make mistakes, and it’s okay to be young and dumb.

I’m not even 20 years old, and I know I’ve already made a lot of dumb decisions in my life. And I know that I will probably make 100 more. But the biggest thing is to learn from all those mistakes.

Every mistake you make is a lesson. Learn from it and don’t make the same mistake twice.

I have learned is that it is okay to make mistakes, it’s okay not to be perfect all the time. College is a time where you have an excuse to be stupid and young.

SO LIVE IT UP!