7 Reasons College Students Cannot Wait For Thanksgiving Break

THANKSGIVING DINNER, PEOPLE!

27

Every college kid knows this is that time of the year when all we want to do is cuddle in our beds, watching Netflix, and procrastinating every assignment given to us. It is the time of mid-terms, papers, literature review, everything hitting you all at once.

1. We didn't get a fall break

If your school is anything like mine, West Chester University, we did not have the pleasure of a fall break this year. Instead, we are getting a week for Thanksgiving break. The talk around campus is mixed opinions about this because let's be real, fall break is just the time to give yourself a break before mid-terms start, but those of here did not have that fun.

2. You get to sleep in your own bed

All the mattress pads in the world could not make anything comparable to your bed at home. The one you slept in for most of your life because coming to the thin-mattress world of college. There is just something so much better about your bed at home, maybe it does not have the "bad juju" of stress, making sleep much easier.

3. Spending quality time with your family

Family may be a call away, but nothing can compare to being in the same room as them. Smiling, laughing, enjoying the time. Family is forever.

4. Seeing all of your friends from home

There can be pros and cons to this reasoning. If you are like me and had that one core group of friends that you hang out with all the time, but now no longer talk to or hardly say "hi" to when you see them at home, then it can be a con. There is also the pro that you finally get to see the true friends that you have only been able to call or text the past three months, but even that is hard with busy college schedules.

5. A break from all of the stress

Do I even need to explain myself with this one?

6. The end of the semester is in sight

Thanksgiving break is such a motivation to know that the end of the semester is coming near, the time you can actually relax for a month before getting back to the grind of it all.

7. Last, but surely not least: Thanksgiving dinner

Cheez-Its, Gatorade, frozen meals, we have all been basically living off of that for the past three months. Let's face it, we all like to say that we eat healthily, but they don't call us broke college kids for nothing. There is nothing better than going home knowing that big turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, all of it is going to be served on your break at home. Heck, maybe your mom throws in more home cooked meals for you!

We are in the last stretch people! It may be a drag coming back from Thanksgiving break knowing that stress will once hit you again for about 2-3 more weeks, but soon all of that hard work will pay off and we can all enjoy a nice break.

Take the time with your family and friends to drop all of your worries and give yourself a little fun!