A College Sutdent's Guide To Getting Through Thanksgiving And Finals Week

Gobble. Gobble.

56

It's November, y'all, so you know what that means.... THANKSGIVING AND FINALS.

Ahh yes, I remember Nov. 1 like it was yesterday (it was actually three weeks ago)... Starbuck's red cups, my roommate peeling our Halloween wall decals down, my best friend putting her Christmas tree up, and me, checking my bank account and realizing I am lacking the funds to get in the holiday spirit. Yes everyone.. it's November, whether you like it or not.

November is a time for cheer, happiness, and if you are anything like me... FEAR. Why am I fearful you may ask? While I am privileged to have a few weeks off from school, I am also privileged to spend this time with family, extended family, friends, friend's family, family friends, my local Starbuck's barista, and my mother's best friend who keeps asking me why I am single and what is wrong with me (Debbie if you are reading this, hello, and yes, still no boyfriend).

While November is one of my favorite months, it also one of my least favorite months. Any college student can relate to me on this one. So if you are a college student, and you have a love/hate relationship with Novembers please read on.

That moment when November 1st hits and you can finally throw your pumpkin and Halloween decorations into the storage bin:

Getting through those awkward 3 1/2 weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving:

Sitting in class on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving thinking about how much you hate your professor for making you show up to class:

Traveling home Wednesday night:

Finally getting home and laying in your bed:

Waking up Thanksgiving Day:

Having to fast all day to prepare for your food coma:

When your mom says Thanksgiving meal is ready:

Trying to put as much food as possible on your plate because you are poor college student and know that you will never have this amount of food at your disposable in a really long time:

Having to go around the table and talking about what you are most thankful for even though you just wanna eat and eat and eat:

"How's school? How's your job? How's the sorority? How's your roommate? What's your major, What do you plan to do after graduation? Why are you single?"

When you and your sibling find time to sneak out and drive home:

Laying in bed regretting all the food decisions you've made in the past few hours:

When your mom wakes you up at 7am to go Black Friday Shopping:

When your mom forces you to go to Pier 1 and furniture shop as your first shopping endeavor:

But you finally leave and she takes you to your favorite store:

And she buys you shirts and jeans and scarves and hats and everything else you can think of:

Going home and realizing you have only two more days until you have to return back to school:

Returning back to school and starting to study for finals:

Realizing you have no idea what happened in any of your class the last few months:

Staying up until 3am for a week straight just to get through papers and studying:

Walking into your final exams:

Walking out of your final exams:

Getting back to your dorm:

Finally leaving school for winter break!!!!!!!!!!!!: