If College Students Were "Top 40" Songs

If College Students Were "Top 40" Songs

The correlation between your favorite songs and favorite personalities.

13
If College Students Were "Top 40" Songs

We hear the same songs on the radio, and we see the same variation of people every day. How much pop music says about a college campus is actually quite revealing. No one is limited to being one type of song, but what we listen to may have a correlation to how we act and perceive others on campus.

Dance-Floor Addict

Hands To Myself” (Selena Gomez)

We all know the one avid dancer that feels the need to always have a partner. He/She often makes situations very awkward and elaborate. There's no use in trying to hide because they will find you, and they will dance with you. Like Selena says,"can't keep my hands to myself...I mean I could, but why would I want to?"

Group Project Partner(s)

"Sorry" (Justin Bieber)

Actually, it is too late to say sorry. It's usually the hour before your big presentation that the group chat finally starts going off. No time for apologies, when there have been mistakes made "maybe a couple of hundred times."

Professor's Pet

Hello” (Adele)

"Hello, it's me" ...Oh, you'd like to respond to the rhetorical question in our 500 student lecture again? Be my guest—really. "It's no secret...That the both of us are running out of time," just keep wasting my lecture.

Drivers/Bicyclists on Campus

What Do You Mean?” (Justin Bieber)

Who knew a four-way stop could be more difficult to conceptualize than rocket science? "First you wanna go to the left then you want to turn right," and somehow rules of the road escape all travelers on college campuses. The most challenging is when both parties give the "you don't want me to move, but you tell me to go," nod and wave. What do you mean?

Boy Drama Magnet

Hide Away” (Daya)

Nothing is ever her fault, even when every guy she meets is held to ridiculous standards, such as saving her life like Superman, supplying all of her heart's demands, and being down for the chase. Despite her clear disparity in reality, you can still find her asking, "Where do the good boys go to hide away" every day.

Anti-party, Know-it-all

Here” (Alessia Cara)

Nothing is worse than the person who complains about being out the entire night. When greeted with a "hello" and they say, "I don't dance, don't ask, I don't need a boyfriend so you can go back, please enjoy your party," is probably an indication that they are in the wrong place.

The Couple That Won't DTR

Hotline Bling” (Drake)

"You used to call me on my cell phone, Late night when you need my love," will constantly be an argument between these two. No one knows if they're "dating" or not, and it's got us down, they got us stressed out.

The Party Animal

Trap Queen” (Fetty Wap)

He likes entering a room and screaming S-QUAW and says,"Everybody hating, we just call them fans though." All other party goers are usually jealous and that's OK, just like Fetty, he has the eye on the prize and pulls all the stops to trap hard

Frat Bro

Big Rings” (Drake)

He expects the best intramural sports team, bars, girls, GPA and food. He's got a really big chapter, and they need some really nice things. He can be found bragging and attempting to raise his social status by exclaiming, "I do not chase girls, but they run a mile for me."

Everyone

Stressed Out” (Twenty One Pilots)

Every single person on a college campus is stressed out, professors, students and employees alike. Everyone wants to revert to less responsible and realistic times, "Used to dream of outer space but now they’re laughing at our face, saying, “wake up, you need to make money.'" Twenty One Pilots made the universal song students relate to.