Things College Students Wish They Could Tell Their Professors

11 things we all wish we could say.

50

For the most part, it's easy to get along with your college professors and sometimes even develop lasting relationships with them. As long as you respect each other and work together, great things can happen. That is until you get the professor who acts like they were never in college themselves and seem like they're out to get you. Those professors are rare, but when they come around, there are some things college students really wish they could say to them.

1. A lot of students learn by doing! Having classes that are strictly lecture-based don't always help us learn.

2. Waiting until the day before the midterm/final to tell us what will be on the exam is cruel and stressful, please don't do that.

3. If you want me to get excited about your course, you need to be excited about the content you're teaching me.

4. If you give us your email and office number in the syllabus and say that you're available for questions, why do you never reply to my emails?

5. If your class is mostly lecture based, give some opportunities for us to get involved. Ask us questions, don't just keep rattling off information.

6. A lot of professors say that if the majority of the class does badly on a quiz or exam, it's the fault of the student, but in all honesty, if we all did that badly, it's probably because there was a disconnect between the students and the professor during class.

7. I appreciate all the time you put into your course and making sure we learn something every day.

8. Please don't use only the textbooks as references in your course. Bring in outside sources to spice things up!

9. Sometimes professors seem very intimidating and that makes it hard for students to want to go to office hours. If you make yourself approachable, more students will make use of office hours.

10. I don't learn anything by you answering my question with another question.

11. Thank you.