5 Things Every College Student Overestimates On Spring Break

5 Things Every College Student Overestimates During Spring Break

Let's face it, we all have expectations for spring break that don't go quite as planned

18

Spring break is finally here! How many of these five things are you guilty of overestimating?

1. How much school work you will do

Let's face it, we all go into spring break with the expectation that we will get a little bit of school work done while we are relaxing on the beach or traveling different countries. We will stay on top of things and maybe even get ahead, right? WRONG! Most of end up getting behind on school work during spring break when there isn't even any due.

2. How much you will read (for fun)

Maybe not alllll of us have this expectation. But I know a lot of girls imagine spring break somewhat relaxing on the beach while reading a love story and drinking a pina colada. Also having time to read on overseas flights so you think to yourself while packing, "maybe I should bring two books?". Well don't, some of us shouldn't even bring one.

3. How many times you will change your clothes

ESPECIALLY with college girls, better yet, Ole Miss college girls, I think we are labeled as "The Queens Of Overpacking." So if you're going somewhere tropical let's be real, you don't need a breakfast outfit, a swimsuit and cover-up, a day outfit and then a night outfit. You'll end up wearing an XL frat shirt to breakfast, the same swimsuit at least twice, and probably wearing your cover-up all day unless you're going to a nice dinner.

4. How long it is/how much you will be able to do

A whole week plus the weekend? And if you don't have classes on MWF, an extra two days! Soooo much time right? You can fit all kinds of activities in! Probably not. Let's face it, most of us don't hop on a plane to Mexico as soon as school gets out and not come back until an hour before class.

5. How much sleep you will get

This goes along with the previous point. You're frantically traveling, pushing yourself to fit in all these activities, taking any photo op, AND trying to be social! Where are you supposed to fit in any sleep?? The answer is you're not, you will come back to school more worn out than before.