College Students Are Highly Susceptible To JUUL Addictions

College Students Are Highly Susceptible To JUUL Addictions And It's Not A Laughing Matter

I've watched many of my friends go from people who thought cigarettes and vapes were idiotic to people who fiend for JUUL pods when they run out.

125

Lately, on every social media platform, you can see videos of college students hitting a JUUL or memes about JUULs. It appears that many students go into college without any intentions of forming a nicotine addiction. However, that changes when friends and other people peer pressure you into trying one. Once that happens, you buy your own, and then you become a fiend. It is quite ridiculous, but that is what ends up happening. I have personally seen it happen to a lot of my friends, especially my guy friends who rush a fraternity.

During college, many people are looking to try new things and experiment, so they are open to more things.

So, this means while many never have any intention to attempt a JUUL, they do because everyone else is doing it and continuously ask them to try it. Also, in the beginning, after you hit a JUUL, you get a big head rush, you are on a high. After that, you chase that high and end up smoking a whole pod. I have watched many of my friends go from people who thought cigarettes and vapes were idiotic to people who fiend for JUUL pods when they run out.

It's ridiculous, I know.

I know getting addicted to JUULs may sound ridiculous, but it is just like any other addiction. Many people do not even know their family suffers from addiction until it is too late. I just discovered that there are some family members in my family tree that have suffered from addiction and I avoid anything that could potentially trigger that. So, people just end up chasing the "dragon" because they do not know they have any preexisting conditions.

It is what it is.

Yes, you should cut out the nicotine addiction, but it may not be easy. Since it is a combination of peer pressure and possible addiction in your family, it may take a while and a lot of discipline. However, that is what it is like for knocking any habit. For instance, it takes years for individuals who are addicted to cigarettes for them to quit.

Stress can also be a trigger, which is why you need to practice techniques that will lower your anxiety rather than giving in. It will be healthier and help you instead of just pushing the issues aside.