What It is Like To Be In A College Marching Band

8 Things College Marching Band Students Don't Get To Do On Game Day

We have a lot of fun but our game day is really different from yours.

2191

Being in marching band is a lot of fun and a lot of work. Every week we hard work during practice to learn shows and to able to perform them to the best of our ability. While college game day is an exciting day for everyone who attends, a college marching band student's game day is really different from the average college football fan.

Marching band students have a lot of fun on game day. We get to perform pregame, do a halftime show, dance in the stands, support the football team, and we spend all day with our band family! Being in marching band is a unique and one of a kind experience!

But although we all love being in the marching band, there are a few things that we miss out on every time we attend a home football game that our other college friends get to do.

1. Tailgating

No partying before the game for us! We are out on the field practicing one last time before the game starts. During this time we are going over last minute details and making sure everything is good before we get ready and head to the football stadium.

2. Sleeping in

To make it to practice in morning on game days we have to get up early. No sleeping in or having a lazy Saturday for us!

3. Sitting down

Do college marching bands sit down during football games? The answer is no! They stand and do stand dances the entire time.

4. Seeing our other friends

Students in the marching band don't really get to see their other friends and family during the game because we are busy basically the whole time. But luckily, everyone in the band is basically your family and we also get to see everyone after the game!

4. Picking out cute outfits to wear to the game

College marching band students never have to worry about what they are wearing on game day. We wear the same thing every single time!

6. Leaving early

You know when you go to sporting events and you leave a little early to avoid the rush of everyone leaving at the same time? Or you just don't feel like staying anymore so you leave early? Well not the marching band! We are here to stay! We support the football team until the very end! Always and forever!

7. Eating concession stand food

I have never had concessions at a college football game since I have been college. I don't even know what type of concessions they sell at my school.

8. Not being super sweaty

I'll be honest being in marching band is a lot of work. And sometimes it is super hot outside. Also, our uniforms can make the heat feel even worse.