What It Is Really Like Being A College Student

10 Things Most College Kids Don't Actually Care About, And Most Likely Never Will

Stop sweating the little things because in reality, no one gives a frick.

113

College kids can seem scary, but don't worry...most us just really don't care! Here are 10 things to stop worrying about because odds are, you're the only one who cares.

1. What you're wearing.

Whether you go to class in a brand new dress or sweatpants from middle school PE, your fellow peers will treat you the exact same. So stop worrying about your outfits, because let's face it, we all get how hard it is to throw on some nice clothes in the morning.

2. How well your classmates are doing in class.

It's not high school anymore. Frankly, as selfish as it sounds, no one cares how well you are doing in class. You won't find classmates tapping on your shoulder to ask what you got on your midterm or looking over at your essay to see how you did.

3. How ~wild~ you got at last night's party.

Stop being afraid of being judged every time you go out! Do what you want and just have fun with it because no one really cares - just as long as you're having fun.

4. How "good" you look.

We all know that keeping up with how you look in college isn't easy. When you're drowning in tests and papers and running on five hours of sleep, the last thing you want to worry about is how your hair and makeup looks. Don't sweat it, everyone knows the college life is rough.

5. What sorority/fraternity you are a member of.

Despite the over-exaggerated stigma, Greek life really is not as judgmental as people make it out to be. The recruitment process really helps people find the right place for them, and most people recognize that.

6. How many followers you have on social media.

If you are obsessing over whether or not you've reached 1,000 Instagram followers yet, stop. Most college kids know how superficial that is and won't look at you differently whether you have 10 followers or 10k.

7. How often you skip class.

First of all, we all know how hard it is to motivate yourself to go to classes when the lecture notes are posted online. Second of all, no one is judging you. Do what you want to do - that's all that matters.

8. How many clubs you are a part of.

If you haven't heard it yet, I'll be the one to tell you that is really friggin' hard to be involved in clubs in college. You have little time as it is, and getting accepted into a club is a huge accomplishment. Do the people around you a favor and stop bragging about how many clubs you are in! And more importantly, don't feel pressured to join many clubs just so that people will think more highly of you - because chances are, they won't.

9. What you did in high school.

Once those college applications are submitted, you extracurriculars stop mattering as much as they did in high school. You don't need to brag about your participation in +10 clubs, hundreds of hours of volunteer work, GPA, ACT/SAT score, or amount of APs you took anymore.

10. What your GPA is...

Again, all of us know that college can be rough. If you don't feel comfortable sharing your GPA with anyone, you don't need to! Know that no one will judge you.

Bottom line is - don't sweat the small stuff. Every college student knows how tough school can be, and trust me, judgment is the last thing to cross our minds.