10 Things College Students Love

10 Things College Students Love

It's the little things.

36
10 Things College Students Love
Nubi Magazine

1. Open parking spots.

Finding a parking spot on campus can be hell so when a spot opens up, it’s a miracle. Extra points if the parking space is close to your destination.

2. Free stuff.

T-Shirts, food, pens, lanyards, magnets, event tickets… College kids don’t care. Free stuff is always welcomed and always greatly appreciated.

3. Getting out of class early or receiving the rare “class has been cancelled” email.

No class means more naps.

4. Chicken strips/nuggets in the caf.

Some universities serve chicken strips or nuggets on the daily but unfortunately, not all of us are that lucky. When word lets out that either one of these delicious chicken entrees is being served, you better hustle and get in line before they run out.

5. Hearing the words “you can fill out an index card to use as a cheat sheet on the exam”.

Sure, cramming an entire semester's worth of information on an index card isn’t the easier thing to do but it sure can be a saving grace.

6. Refund checks.

Finally… More than $14 in your bank account.

7. Student discounts.

Before that refund check arrives, it’s hard living off of that $14. Thankfully there’s a ton of stores and restaurants that offer a student discount! Start Googling places that offer student discounts or check out this list here.

8. Quizlet.

Nothing quite compares to the feeling you get when you Google one question and find the entire quiz (along with the answers) on Quizlet.

9. Extra credit.

Extra credit opportunities are a rare occurrence in college. But you can bet that when it’s offered, most students take advantage of it.

10. Being able to go home.

College is great but it can get overwhelming. Sometimes making the drive back home for your mom’s cooking, your dad’s horrible jokes, and the opportunity to sleep in your bed is exactly what you need to rejuvenate.