Most College Students Live Paycheck To Paycheck

12 Ways College Girls Learn More About Life From Living Paycheck To Paycheck Than They Do In Class

Being an adult is all fun and games until you have to buy your own groceries and pay your own rent.

101

All I can remember growing up was how much I couldn't wait to grow up. I would dress up in my mom's clothes, stumble around in her heels, pretend to be on business calls (I was a weird kid) and long for the day when I got to do it all on my own. Well, reality hit hard when I moved out on my own and had to start to buy my own stuff.

Ever since I began working at 16 I would buy all my "extra things." These things would be like makeup or clothes, new records or books I wanted, and in my case a whole lot of plants. But what it also taught me was that I was super lucky to have parents that wouldn't leave me out in the cold and would buy all the necessary things for me. That was until I got to college.

Sophomore year I moved out on my own and these last few months have been rough. I feel like I now know why adults are always stressed. Here are twelve things that living paycheck to paycheck has taught me so far in my measly 19 years.

1. Going out is a luxury

media.giphy.com

I barely have enough money for toilet paper let alone a full three course meal.

3. Sales are your new BFF

media.giphy.com

Because who can honestly spend more than $20 on a shirt and feel okay about that?

4. Movie theaters are overrated

media.giphy.com

Just wait for it to come out on Netflix.

5. New electronics are not a necessity

media.giphy.com

My home phone works perfectly fine.

10. Reality is put into perspective

media.giphy.com

You don't need everything, and you slowly stop wanting more and more.

12. You value your parents so much more

media.giphy.com

Because without them you wouldn't be where you are now. All those late nights and long hours show how much they wanted to support you!