College vs High School When It Snows

College vs High School When It Snows

Snow in high school was magical. In college, it is anything but.

232
College vs High School When It Snows
Business Insider

The "bomb cyclone" made me think about just how different snow days are for college students vs kids in high school and even younger. As a kid, I loved snow days, but didn't appreciate them as much as I should've. Snow days are a rare thing in college, and I should've held tight to them. Because now those days are long gone, and man do I miss them. If this storm happened while I was at school, I know for a fact I would've had classes.

1) Anyone not in college when it snows:

Ah snow days. Can you believe that we used to wait by the TV, anxiously waiting for our school to appear or for that phone call saying that there was no school? I'm pretty sure my old high school tweeted the other day that they weren't having school.... Let that sink in. I feel so old, and I am only 20.

3) Being in College when it snows

*Anxiously checks email from professor that class is canceled even after professor walks in the door shaking off snowflakes*

4) High school students reaction to snow

You can have the luxury of being excited. College students no longer get excited over snow, the magic is long gone.

5) College Students reaction to snow

The first time was cute, the second time was not. Now I can't keep track how many times it snowed this semester but it was more than enough, okay!

6) How High schoolers spend the day when it snows

7) How College students spend the day (morning before classes, more like it)

If you live off campus, you no longer have the luxury of your older brothers shoveling the driveway as you sleep like they used to at home. You have to wake up even earlier than normal to make sure you have time to get ready for classes and shovel the driveway so that it doesn't turn into ice, because nothing says good morning like walking to your car and breaking your nose because you were too lazy to be an adult. Like I said, snow days are no longer fun because they pretty much don't exist.

8) Walking in the snow in High school

It's magical. It makes everything so pretty. You can't help but be happy. I miss those days. Now I'm jaded.

9) Walking in the snow in college

*Cries* I miss my warm, warm bed. Now I have to sit through a class that consists of my professor looking out the window and proclaiming "sure looks bad out there!" I know that, we all know that. You could've canceled and we could both be in our beds instead of you spending the class time not even teaching because nobody really bothered to show up with good reason.

10) Playing in the snow in high school

Ah, those were the days. Now it is much different.

11) Playing in the snow in college

*Sighs* maturity in college doesn't get higher, it anything, it gets lower. Much, much lower. Try walking though your college campus without seeing a penis made by footprints on the quad. It's impossible.